The Birth of a Grizzly Table Saw
No pics- never happened.
No
Which surfaces did you put camelia oil on?

I've used this with hand tools, but haven't heard it commonly being used on power tools.
You may want to check with others in your region to find out what works well.

I use paste wax, largely influenced by videos--Woodworking Online pocast #41: Table saw Set Up & Maintenance and The Wood Whisperer (maybe episode 28 on shop maintenance?).  It has worked pretty well here on west coast (as long as nobody sets down wet gardening items on the saw top);  my impression is that more humid environments might be more challenging -- either benefitting from more frequent attention or other coatings.

Matt
(08-10-2018, 09:23 AM)mdhills Wrote: Which surfaces did you put camelia oil on?

I've used this with hand tools, but haven't heard it commonly being used on power tools.
You may want to check with others in your region to find out what works well.

I use paste wax, largely influenced by videos--Woodworking Online pocast #41: Table saw Set Up & Maintenance and The Wood Whisperer (maybe episode 28 on shop maintenance?).  It has worked pretty well here on west coast (as long as nobody sets down wet gardening items on the saw top);  my impression is that more humid environments might be more challenging -- either benefitting from more frequent attention or other coatings.

Matt
I applied the Camelia oil on the table top and sides. I've used it successfully for about 5 years on my planes and chisels - no rust even in an unheated shop. I also used it on my jointer for about 3 years with great success.

I used paste wax in the past - had not problems with that but I've heard it doesn't always work. Tried the Camelia oil a few years ago and we pretty happy with the results. I leave it on for a day or so then wipe with a clean cloth. Doesn't seem to transfer to wood.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
    OK - finally figured out how to post images..... The main cabinet as received along with images of the other packages.

Despite all this, the contents were in good shape - Grizzly packs them really well!

Attached Files Image(s)

Jim

Box pics?  Where is the final product making saw dust?
(08-13-2018, 10:50 AM)stav Wrote: Box pics?  Where is the final product making saw dust?

They're coming - took time off this weekend for a garage sale - then we had some flooding this am, so I won't be back at the shop until tomorrow. (That's the problem with being retired - everybody thinks THEIR issue is the only thing you have to do.)
Jim

Hope the flooding doesn't impact you too much. It would be a shame to get that new saw ruined before you get to use it.
I've had the same saw for about 2 years now. I think you'll be very happy with it.
My only complaint is that Grizzly says that zero clearance inserts aren't to be used with it, although there is one company that sells them.
Is that because it has a riving knife?  Seems like you should still be able to use one.
It does have the riving knife.
I think it has more to do with the way the top is machined for the factory insert. There isn't much depth around the edge of the insert and they use a magnet to hold it down at the front.