Leaf Blower
The bottom of my gas tank has small cracks in it and over a weeks time any gas left in the tank will leak out.  My blower is so old that the tank is no longer in stock. The one that was sent me is much smaller and does not fit the base. Is there something I can put on the bottom to seal the small cracks that gas will not affect. For now, I empty out the tank when I am finished using the blower.

Thank you for your assistance
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
This will make that work like new
Winkgrin

Otherwise, there are gasket making compounds at auto parts stores, but I've had trouble getting something both fuel resistant and effective at adhering to a plastic gas tank.
(08-08-2018, 10:36 AM)Herb Wrote: The bottom of my gas tank has small cracks in it and over a weeks time any gas left in the tank will leak out.  My blower is so old that the tank is no longer in stock. The one that was sent me is much smaller and does not fit the base. Is there something I can put on the bottom to seal the small cracks that gas will not affect. For now, I empty out the tank when I am finished using the blower.

Thank you for your assistance

I'm almost certain they make 2 part epoxy that is specifically gas proof; clean the outside of the tank with MS and slather on some.  Whatddya got to lose?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
JB Weld and a piece of fiberglass cloth.      I would clean with something non oily such as brake clean first along with a little sanding to roughen up the surface.   Roly
Web search came up with this.

Is the cracked area where you can apply stuff to it?  

There were several other sealers that turned up but most said they were only for steel tanks.
No
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(08-08-2018, 10:04 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Web search came up with this.

Is the cracked area where you can apply stuff to it?  

There were several other sealers that turned up but most said they were only for steel tanks.
No

They are fine cracks that I attribute to age. Sort of like hairline cracks.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Get a tube of Seal-all. It will work on a leaking gas tank. I've used for over 50 years ever since I found a tube in my late grandpa's workshop.
(08-09-2018, 07:27 AM)cndamm Wrote: Get a tube of Seal-all. It will work on a leaking gas tank. I've used for over 50 years ever since I found a tube in my late grandpa's workshop.

Thank you and to the other suggestions.
Herb
Here. VersaChem from Orielly's. It's held for 2 months now.
Pricey at 16.00

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...ank+repair

You gotta be quick, and be ready, as it sets up *fast*

Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-08-2018, 11:22 AM)Admiral Wrote: I'm almost certain they make 2 part epoxy that is specifically gas proof; clean the outside of the tank with MS and slather on some.  Whatddya got to lose?

Might drill a couple holes and use the epoxy on the inside and outside to lock it in place, so it doesn't just pop off slick plastic.
WoodTinker