Anyone have a ventless dryer?
Hi, 

My cousin had a Bosch ventless dryer installed.  No exhaust vent, but she does need to empty this little water pan every so often.

Ain't never hear of such a thing.  

Anyone have one?
Dumber than I appear
What does it do? Pull a vacuum and boil off the water?  
Raised
I have an electric condensate dryer, no vent. It works good.
(08-09-2018, 03:03 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Hi, 

My cousin had a Bosch ventless dryer installed.  No exhaust vent, but she does need to empty this little water pan every so often.

Ain't never hear of such a thing.  

Anyone have one?

They are popular in Asia and europe. They are a bad idea. We already have enough moisture to deal with inside the house you don't want more and thats allot more as in massive amounts of moisture to deal with inside the house now.
(08-09-2018, 09:32 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: They are popular in Asia and europe. They are a bad idea. We already have enough moisture to deal with inside the house you don't want more and thats allot more as in massive amounts of moisture to deal with inside the house now.

Does it just vent into the house along with the heat? How does that work?
(08-09-2018, 11:09 PM)daddo Wrote:  Does it just vent into the house along with the heat? How does that work?

More like a dehumidifier.  Uses the heat from the condenser to heat the clothes then cools the exhaust through the evaporator which then drains the water.   The good you are not exhausting conditioned air outside but the downside is much longer run time and smaller capacity than normal dryers plus the cost of the unit.   Roly
I had an over/under washer/dryer that was vent-less in my apartment in the 1980s.  It came with the apartment. It uses a condenser to remove the water from the load.  

On mine the dryer temperature was so high that after two or three washings all the elastic on my undies lost their elasticity and were falling down.  After that I brought my laundry to the laundromat and had them wash, dry and fold my laundry.  

They probably improved the technology over the last 40 years.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
We have one in our apartment.  On the outside it looks like a normal drier (definitely smaller than the one we had in the US, but so is the washer).  On the inside there's a water tank that hangs off the door that lifts off by the white handle and you dump it down the drain.  In the opening of the drier, there's a 1/2" plastic pipe that drips the condensate into the tank.  We usually dump the water after two loads which fills the tank nearly half-way.

Our unit has a drier hose that connects into, I'm assuming, the building's ductwork, but it just hangs off the ceiling.  I don't see a port on the back of this drier to make it ducted, though.

It works well enough but takes at least 1:40hr to dry a load.  We used to run it on a longer cycle, but it shrank one of my favorite zipup hoodies so the shorter time stops that.

I should save the water for my CPAP.  I can only buy distilled water from behind the pharmacy counter for almost $2/quart.

Paul

when we moved into our house, there was this contraption that vented all the dryer air into the basement. You could switch it to vent outside in the summer.  I think Lowes used to sell them.  It didn't really seem to make the basement appreciably wetter, I imagine a ventless dryer would be better than that system.  I took that out when I took out the plastic vent hose.
This makes no sense to me.  If the washer it there, then there is a drain.  

My dryer was hooked up to the drain.  I never emptied anything.  

I suspect that a plumber can come in and hook up the collection tray to the waste drain.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.