Shower Door seal
My shower door has a strip of rubber attached to the bottom edge. It’s supposed to keep water from getting out under the shower door. It catches on the bottom track when the door is opened or closed. It started coming off a month or so ago. The edge of th rubber is supposed to be in a track on the bottom edge of the door. I put it back in place with silicone but it’s come loose again. What are options to fix it? Right now I’m thinking get a rubber door sweep and screw it to the inside of the bottom edge of the door.
3M Auto trim adhesive, it's a double faced tape, 1/2" wide.

Won't hold forever, glass is hard to adhere to...I finially left mine off.

Ed
(08-10-2018, 03:21 PM)crokett™ Wrote: My shower door  has a strip of rubber attached to the bottom edge.  It’s supposed to keep water from getting out under the shower door.  It catches on the bottom track when the door is opened or closed.  It started coming off a month or so ago.  The edge of th rubber is supposed to be in a track on the bottom edge of the door.  I put it back in place with silicone but it’s come loose again.  What are options to fix it?  Right now I’m thinking get a rubber  door sweep and screw it to the inside of the bottom edge of the door.

I pulled mine off and no water leaks out.
(08-11-2018, 05:36 AM)frule Wrote: I pulled mine off and no water leaks out.

I pulled mine off, searched high and low for the replacement material, spent all day taking the door off and cleaning and replacing the strip... and in a month it was coming apart again.  Took it off.  Doesn't leak.  I expect it MIGHT leak if the shower flooded and water got to that point...
Replaced mine once.
Then took off. No leaks
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Silicone doesn’t hold well to rubber. Replacement strips for a shower door are available at Ace Hardware.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(08-11-2018, 05:36 AM)frule Wrote: I pulled mine off and no water leaks out.

I did that and am watching it.  I can't see how it would leak, unless you sprayed water directly at the bottom of the door.
mine failed.  I found a replacement on amazon.  I used the 3m adhesive to help hold it in place.  Worked great.  If it drags too much your door might be sagging and need adjustment.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Weatherstrip adhesive from auto supply stores will work on the rubber to glass or metal.   Roly
(08-10-2018, 03:21 PM)crokett™ Wrote: My shower door  has a strip of rubber attached to the bottom edge.  It’s supposed to keep water from getting out under the shower door.  It catches on the bottom track when the door is opened or closed.  It started coming off a month or so ago.  The edge of th rubber is supposed to be in a track on the bottom edge of the door.  I put it back in place with silicone but it’s come loose again.  What are options to fix it?  Right now I’m thinking get a rubber  door sweep and screw it to the inside of the bottom edge of the door.

I replaced mine a couple months back on q shower door I installed 18 years ago.  It was tough - Measured the old one, drove to home depot, bought replacement 'T' style seal, drove home and installed it in the track. - 

I know I am being sarcastic, but that is a true story,  they are available.  The real challenge was finding it in the store, no one there knew where to look. They sent me to plumbing, to the bath accessories, to the shower door section -   Finally found it on the parts rack with patio door parts. 

Happy hunting...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-T.../202672230

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Line-3.../100534981
...the one thing I can make perfectly every time, without fail, is a mess!