So Embarrassed ! So apologetic
(08-13-2018, 02:56 AM)iclark Wrote: I still have all but the Wenzloff short-back saw available.
There should be no ire associated with this thread. It deserves none. I do feel inadequate in not being able to better help you with the picture posting. My apologies to you for that.

Your word here is good. Before going to the 'bay, please at least try us with a list and prices.

Let's start with: How much is left on your previous list?

v/r,
Ivan
Well, this is the saw I sold-if it appears as an attachment. Wish me luck.

(08-13-2018, 02:58 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Well, preceding is the saw I sold-if it appears as an attachment. Wish me luck.

Hot darn!!! It worked and I am ready to rock.

On the planes, as I reported earlier, almost all of them have Hock or LN irons and capirons. Just that steel is around $45-$60 for those planes. Some who aren't using will see that as a negative. I do not. On those with new steel, I honed some- they may need to be carefully stropped-BUT, I did not assign the forum nickname I have. If I worked them, they will be "Wicked Sharp"[tm] I do not use the "ruler trick." Kind of a purist, I guess. Ones that I did were finished out at Shapton 8K and stropped on "horse butt" impregnated with compound and diamond.

I would hone any that I did not prep BUT----I cannot find any of my stones from the move---somewhere around $1K lost in the ozone. It would have been a heavy box; I hope that the moving guys did not drop that box. I don't need pocket stones !!!

I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT YOU OR YOUR CHILD FORCED YOU INTO THE SMART PHONE WORLD. THE PLANS I AM AWARE OF ARE UNLIMITED CALLING ANYWHERE IN THE US.    QUESTIONS????? CALL ME !!! THESE ARTHRITIC HANDS HATE TEXTING AND,FRANKLY, OTHER TYPING.

********************************** 563  210  3693***********************************************************************

563 210 3693

I am actually fairly entertaining, if I can recall what I am talking about. A few of us might like to hear each other's actual voices. It was so foolish of me to stray away from Woodnet/Handtools. Many people here have been and are dear to me. Sometimes I feared the loss of some and it was easier to assume everyone was still OK. So, I am an person on some stuff. However, the medicos say I am still operating at a very high intellectual level, but I cannot do double column math in my head nowadays. Heck, I don't think I even posted about my miracle blood grandson-conceived in a petrish/testtube on the third try.

He is 6 years old and his father (whom I actually love) does great home improvement with real skill. So, there is hope there on handtools My grandson's name is "Brighton," aka "B" or "Bubba"(his mother's fault; she started it and I won't stop). When they told me his name, I commented, "Well, it is definitely different but it isn't goofy !!"

Hoping to have photos and prices tomorrow. Thank you, deepcreek-you were able to penetrate this 19th Century brain !!
I made two transactions with Mike within the last few months, a LN dovetail saw and the beautiful Wenzloff Half-back in the picture above. The LN saw came exactly as described and was sharp. The half-back also came exactly as described, however it was unfortunately damaged in shipping. It was no fault of Mike's though, the box and another box that came via USPS that day were both absolutely destroyed. The heel of the saw was bent. When I contacted Mike about the damage, he, without hesitation, suggested an arrangement that was more than fair. I would have zero hesitation buying from Mike again, pictures or not.

Secondly, I'm relatively new to the handtool world. So, when I first called Mike I had tons of questions. He is very knowledgable and quite interesting. I enjoyed talking with him very much. 

- Adam