Some PRICES REDUCED
Friends; Right now I am going to just list the first several tools I will be offering. As the forum requests, I plan to include photographs, necessary descriptions and price grouped in a single post in the thread, dealing with a few at a time. Then, I will post the next batch in a "full Reply" in this thread so I can directly upload. I will keep doing that until interest dies or most are sold.

SOME REMINDERS: I bought good bones and then made them better. For example a  number of my planes were "renewed"  by Johnny Kleso, aka, "rarebear." Other than avoiding the cheesy new Stanleys or other brands, the bones are usually from respected types, but I  sure cannot tell you what types they were. And, many have beautiful replica rosewood or coco knobs and totes. The only types I can ID are my wartime planes which I am not selling. Other than a few specks of rust which I will note, I don't have any "DOGS" for sale. I have spent the last couple of days reviewing "ebay" and prices seem to be all over the place and sellers are no longer giving revelatory, detailed descriptions. I was disappointed and surprised. They are not even truthful about new versus used. If I say "NEW" the definition is that you likely can't really tell I have owned it before offering. All of the bench and shoulder and a few block planes will include an LN "sock." So, other than a few, don't expect original collector condition

Whenever I can, I plan to use USPS flat rate priority boxes. I might very well reject purchases from outside the USA and Alaska-Hawaii is negotiable. Though I have done it in the past, I just cannot afford to "eat" the shipping- I do not charge for packaging. One thing that can  change shipping cost is a buyer's desire to have the original factory box on LN and LV. I have most and most even have the vapor paper or blue plastic. Unfortunately, "original packaging" eliminates economy shipping and speed because I have to find boxes to hold boxes.

PRICING: Basically I am posting prices that I believe I would pay from the viewpoint of those years ago. If I am out of line, then I ask "ADMIRAL" to say so-publicly or privately.  I need the money but I want very happy buyers, like I always have.  ALSO, no photos yet because the Nikon battery charger got separated from the D40 and its batteries and I just got them back together today.

SO, HERE WE GO ON 4:

!. the right and left pair of #140 LN skew block/rabbet planes in new condition---coco knob upgrades--- $380; original packaging option

2. LN 10 1/4 previously owned by Mike Wenzloff with saw medallion inlaid in lower part of tote-in essentially new condition; No original packaging---$300

3.A poke in the eye to "Patrick"- a perfectly renewed 606 with Hock steel; looks like it did when rarebear shipped it back to me(flat side); I just love this plane, partly because Patrick "damned" them, but also because it is really the easiest to handle jointer--- $185-as good as an LN unless you drop it!!! Hock steel

4. The flatside Bedrock 608C but with the new super-flat LV steel that I previously offered- frankly I cannot recall what I asked for it, but I was stunned that it did not sell back then- I do remember I bought this plane from Jim for $199 plus shipping--apparently folks wanting the dreadnought of bench planes were unable to find the LN website to see what you pay Tom plus shipping. I am relisting at that $199 but you get the super-flat LV steel that  saves you hours of trying to flatten the original steel

The Best Way to Reach Me is My Email---jetobey@msn.com   My phone is 563-210-3693--glad to talk
Email sent on the flatside Bedrock 608C.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

;
    ;
    ;

I will get better at this as I go along. There are planes in the pics that I have not described or priced. Those that I did are obviously identifiable. The LN 10 1/4; Bedrock 606; LN skew block pair and the Bedrock 608 C is sold.

I will add to this post in a bit with ID and prices for the other ones. It was a struggle this AM because I had already forgotten how I did it.
Well, I just described and priced the other planes in the photos. It, the post, disappeared. If you really need more details, I would suggest you call-as I said before, you bought or your kids forced you to use a cell- most have unlimited calling. Again, 563- 210-3693.  Email is----jetobey@msn.com---

The other planes are: a rarebear renewed flat side Bedrock 604 with LN steel-about as pretty as can be for an old wood warrior-$150--- A Bailey #3, again by rarebear with Hock steel. Just a few pits at back of sides and very ends of sole but still really nice-$115-----My smoother, a quite vintage Record equal of a Bailey 4 1/2. This plane's blue paint is almost turned grey. The rosewood which I did glows. It has a quite unique blade; a Paul Anderson High Speed Tool Steel-will cut cleanly forever. Bare metal is very clean original look that has naturally aged patina .$135----- LV-Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane, like new; figure 25% off new price and remember, You get an LN sock, what a deal
Big Grin

A few personal comments on the Wenzloff owned 10 1/4 Bench Rabbet. I had considered agreeing to split the cost of a new cherry tote from LN, but then, I decided anyone who does not appreciate what Mike and family did for all of us, besides producing heirloom saws, well that person  does not deserve to own the plane. It is the plane that hurts the most to sell. When I have honed it , it will smooth and shoot- there is no chatter because of the rabbet cutouts and it has the old style chipbreaker. New it is $375 plus shipping so I have knocked off $75. I think I would be happier if everyone passed on it-guess I am a sentimental old fool.

My price on the 140 Skew rabbet blocks- the pair with cherry knobs sells for $450 plus shipping- the cocobolo added $25-30 so I don't think I am being greedy, of course, that is your call.

Here is the number 2 Bailey. It is all correct. When I bought it years ago, it had a couple of wrong parts---people here on the forum helped me get it right. It is an older type but I cannot tell you the Type Number. In the pictures, you will se to the right a tote and a knob. The ones on the plane were custom made rosewood replacements. There is a chip out of the base of the original knob and nicks on upper part. The tote is much less beaten up except it has an unusual loss of wood on its very bottom; it seems to have lost a 1 1/4 inch long by about a 32nd of an inch thick- It must have been a grain related fracture because it mimicked the whole tote base for as far as it traveled.

I could not find an honest #2 on ebay anywhere as nice as this one. I very occasionally used this plane but with a custom alternate blade I had made--I am keeping that blade- when my hand could not keep the squeezing grip on a block, this helped. Since nice 2's are so rare I did that infrequently.  Buyer does get both sets of wood. Price is $185 I classify this as a moderately high rarity item.
PM sent, I'll take the 604
After some consultation, on the Bailey #3 reduced to $100 plus shipping. The Bailey #2 is reduced to $160 plus shipping. On the Veritas Large Scraper with toothed extra blade, reducing to 70% of new plane only plus shipping. The same with the Veritas Large Router(it has the extra cost fence and a couple of extra blades), 70% of new for plane with fence plus shipping. On the Bedrock 606, reduced to $145 plus shipping. The Record 04 1/2 is reduced to $105 plus shipping.

LN 140 Skews, 604, 608C, Veritas Med. Shoulder Plane are sold.

I am working on photos and pricing the Record Ploughs-044 and 045, both complete with original boxes and the "043" size Rapier (like Millers Falls to us)

I will consider respectful offer on the LN 10 1/4 "Wenzloff" and I am considering listing my LN 5 1/4 with cocobolo- I don't think LN offers that plane at present.

Some of you may recall that Lee Valley used to offer a set of miniature Two Cherries chisels-they sold for around $325. I have one of those, never used and augmented with a fair number of Pfeils, all in a nice cloth tool roll. I will photo those and figure a reasonable price. There are 10 Two Cherries and 17 Pfeils and two other first quality minis I can't identify because I have managed to lose my reading glasses.
(08-20-2018, 01:57 PM)Mtobey Wrote: After some consultation, on the Bailey #3 reduced to $100 plus shipping. The Bailey #2 is reduced to $160 plus shipping. On the Veritas Large Scraper with toothed extra blade, reducing to 70% of new plane only plus shipping. The same with the Veritas Large Router(it has the extra cost fence and a couple of extra blades), 70% of new for plane with fence plus shipping. On the Bedrock 606, reduced to $145 plus shipping. The Record 04 1/2 is reduced to $105 plus shipping.

LN 140 Skews, 604, 608C, Veritas Med. Shoulder Plane are sold.

I am working on photos and pricing the Record Ploughs-044 and 045, both complete with original boxes and the "043" size Rapier (like Millers Falls to us)

I will consider respectful offer on the LN 10 1/4 "Wenzloff" and I am considering listing my LN 5 1/4 with cocobolo- I don't think LN offers that plane at present.

Some of you may recall that Lee Valley used to offer a set of miniature Two Cherries chisels-they sold for around $325. I have one of those, never used and augmented with a fair number of Pfeils, all in a nice cloth tool roll. I will photo those and figure a reasonable price. There are 10 Two Cherries and 17 Pfeils and two other first quality minis I can't identify because I have managed to lose my reading glasses.

Bumping this up.

Folks, these are some GREAT planes Mike made available for sale - Not your standard run of the mill ebay finds. Also I am not sure some of the newer folks know Mike, but he is one of the Best Members we have here on the site. The fact is when you buy from him you get guarantees like you are buying from a close family member. Guarantees you are happy and all you would ever want in a transaction for sure. He and I have done transactions dating back way more than 10 years ago and I have had the luxury of visiting his shop. Anyway I know I am trying my best not to pass one or two of these and I am not even a big hand plane user. His planes are always a great Value to me. These planes are ornate with included the add ons you just don't find many times.

Anyway a plug for a great seller and a friend and a top notch reliable member of Woodnet.

Guys here on woodnet like Mike, Jack, JoeMac and all the Joes, tablesaw Tom, DaveD, Brian, RickF, Bones, MarcS, Hai, Lumberyard, both Steve Fs, Yotie, Allan, and many other  - man we are VERY LUCKY to have these guys selling equipment. They know how to take care of tools for sure. I know I am thankful to them.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I hardly know what to say to Mike's kind words. But, for those who do not know---When I sell, I do not even open the buyer's envelope until I am told that my friend is happy. If my friend who purchased is not happy, then I pay for return and send back the payment as it was sent.  This is how I have always done it, and my circumstances are not going to change that. ( has never happened) It is true that what I offer is almost always a cut above the typical. I guarded the quality of my tools and one of the reasons for my recent move was an impossible battle with excess wetness in the basement of my previous rented home. That is the only reason for a very few of the tools having specks of rust, easily removed, but I will not hide them from any interested person.

There have been times in my life in which the friends I have here literally kept me going- unwilling to give up to illness; even when I could not physically use these carefully selected tools. Anything I did not view as first class, with some exceptions, ( the packing up got kind of wild )  is still with all of my power stuff in a storage facility. The people I know here are the kind of friends for whom, if the distress call went out, I would drive to either Coast or either N/S border to help. They know that and even with my absence, they would help me too.

I write this because I will not jeopardize that relationship by offering a disappointing tool for sale, EVEN if we have never communicated anywhere. You get a presumption that you, as a new friend, could be entitled to the same dedication.

This is my promise and this is my oath
Eagerly awaiting the Tools next in line to be listed including the aforementioned plow or two