Some PRICES REDUCED
I’ll second Mike’s (MTobey’s) reputation for great tools and a trustworthy individual. I have bought from Mike and he has bought from me dating back nearly 15 years ago. Mike has fine taste in tools and after 15 years I can whole heartily say that fine tools don’t always come along. I would buy with confidence. Good thing I’m fully stocked.

Now....where is Cian?

(08-29-2018, 10:02 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I’ll second Mike’s (MTobey’s) reputation for great tools and a trustworthy individual.  I have bought from Mike and he has bought from me dating back nearly 15 years ago.  Mike has fine taste in tools and after 15 years I can whole heartily say that fine tools don’t always come along.  I would buy with confidence.  Good thing I’m fully stocked.

Now....where is Cian?
I so much had to chuckle over "Where is Cian?" Until I figured out how to post photos, he was totally willing to host my offerings. I have always appreciated how he is so wise beyond his years. And, I thank those who have offered such kind words.
I have been required to put sale of tools on the back burner. I have had to prepare for a sworn deposition in a case over 30 years old. The defendant has tried 5 times already to attack my competence in defending him. Our Supreme Court has found me fully appropriate in my representation of this man. His conviction carried life without parole so I somewhat understand his constant attacks. This last one has required me to review transcripts and, once again, prepare to defend my efforts on his behalf. I don't get angry over most of these-were I serving that sentence I would do and say anything I thought might gain my release. So, things here are not going as fast as we all would like. PS--this guy did do something that really pissed me off, but I will not color my testimony in reaction to that. I did my sacred duty as I have for all I represented.

My career has been very unusual for a mostly private practice lawyer. Peers estimate I have done 300-400 felony jury trials and around 40 of those were homicides- it became my specialty; I would be summoned by our Chief Judge and asked to take on many of these. So, most were court appointed. The truth is that even a responsible upper middle class family cannot afford a decent , first class defense of charges like those. Most lawyers who get involved in these are, frankly, nervous and scared. My personality allowed me to be happiest in a courtroom fight; I just never feared doing that duty. It is, in fact, a rare quality in a lawyer. Almost all cases, civil and criminal, are resolved short of jury trial to the relief of the lawyer. Not me. Maybe it is the same thing in me that made me a racer, the last 5 years in sprint cars; the deadliest car one can race. More sprint car racers are killed each year than in any other class of racecar. I suffered severe back injuries in those cars, but I could not stop; even after surgery and on nights when my crew had to lift me into the sprinter. It was very hard on my family, but like friends here, they never asked me to stop racing and all of those hot as hell Summer nights, they were there for me. My beautiful daughter was quite the eyeful for the youngsters walking through the pits as she did crucial set-up and tuning of that car. Many nights she was the genuine crew chief and my life depended upon the choices she made.  She was a truly beautiful young woman, and every once in awhile the leers made me edgy--but I remember how I was as a 16 year old boy. I have more local friends from racing than I do as a lawyer. Oddly enough, I am proud of that.

When it came down to defending these people, I did so with clear conscience because I am a Constitutional purist. It is all that protects any person in the United States--- even non-citizens, and that is how it is supposed to be; even though this is controversial.
You could have stopped typing after the first sentence. Something tells me it was good for you to get that off your chest though. Good luck with everything!
Mike I enjoyed the note. Folks here have lots of talent in many many fields. You guys are great folks to know.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.