How would you build this?
You could manufacture the inner spirals in two sections ...

Use the top left shelf ----> to the top of the bend ... down to the 7pm position.

Then create another spiral for the inner most that terminates under the top left shelf (under the white book with the red dot).

Blown up, it appears as if the spiral around the drawer begins/ends at the top left of the drawer.
And a section of spiral runs from that point to the point where the top left shelf and the remainder of the spiral meet.  (under the white book with the red dot).

I think dowels internally were space is available and screws from behind are both great solutions.
~Dan.
(08-22-2018, 06:00 PM)jasfrank Wrote: When you open the picture in another tab and blow it up it appears to me that its molded from plastic. I see no grain, no joints, and a radius where the dividers come together. I'm sure it could be done with wood, but it'd be a lot of work for what it is. I remember years back reading that wood will bend the easiest and to the highest degree by using anhydrous ammonia instead of steam. Its dangerous to work with though, and sure wouldn't want to unless the reward was great.

That's nasty stuff, but it does work. If the wood is submerged in a vessel and a vacuum applied, you can tie a knot. It also has no tendency to return to it's original shape. But it's really nasty stuff!
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
SWMBO is not pleased with your answers.
Semper fi,
Brad

(08-23-2018, 04:13 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: SWMBO is not pleased with your answers.

I reflect to what I told my bride when she wanted to wallpaper the bathroom over 25 years ago.  First, I hate wall paper.  Second, I didn't think the wallpaper she wanted was right for the bathroom. So I told her I don't know how to wallpaper, and she'd have to hire someone to do it (there is very little done in my house that I don't do, and do well).  That solved the problem.

Tell her you don't know how to do this.  Save yourself some aggravation, and build something you really want to build.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Oh, I told her originally that I had no clue how to do this, and that I would reach out to wiser fo1k.

I've told her the advice I've received here. She'll find something else for me to build!
Semper fi,
Brad

(08-23-2018, 09:28 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I've told her the advice I've received here.  She'll find something else for me to build!

You're welcome.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I forget what the wood is called but you can tie it in knots and bend it every which way.  That might be the ticket here.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-22-2018, 06:23 PM)Chuck 80 Wrote: I would use the bendable Plywood and then veneer the surfaces, Looks like a challenge for sure, but I know you are up to the task. I believe it comes in either grain direction that fits your need.

Bendable plywood, also known as Curve-Ply, Flexply, Wacky Wood and Wiggle wood, bending plywood,

+1 usually available at material suppliers for cabinet companies and such. Paxton's etc.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Out of cardboard like the original is. LOL Sorry no help here.  i saw it too and thought it would look great. There are a bunch of projects made of cardboard that look cool.