Jet Overhead Air Filter
I have had a Jet AFS 1000b above my head in the shop for years.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/..._200450941
It was in the small shop, and I had my guy move it to the new shop as well. In conjunction with the dust collector, I'm pretty much covered.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/...54b82cc200

About five years ago, the dang thing quit working, and troubleshooting, I discovered it had a bad card.  I ordered one directly from Jet, and replaced it, back up and running.  Last week, I went to turn on the overhead filter before running the bandsaw... no joy.  Changed the remote batteries... nope. 
Confused

Used a stick to push the buttons on the back of the unit and we were off and running.  Joy.  Sorta.  I didn't plan to push overhead buttons with a stick for the next ten years. Took the remote apart, all the way apart, and cleaned it.  Reassembled and tested.  Nope. 
Raised

Ordered a new remote.  $29.99 from Jet, $12+ for shipping.  No worries.. Same part, $39.99 plus shipping from Amazon.  Got the new remote today, works as advertized.  Woo hoo.  
Winkgrin l

If it hadn't, would have had to remove and replace a specific capacitor on the circuit board.  Cheap, but since the dang thing is ten feet in the air, a PITA.  Glad it works now. 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(08-24-2018, 04:14 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Glad it works now. 
Smirk

Been happy with mine.  <knock on wood>
Kicked mine to the curb. Never noticed them being that effective.
Sold 2 on CL and gave the other 2 away.

I concentrated on my big collector, tightened things up, and made more of a difference by collecting at the source.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-24-2018, 07:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Kicked mine to the curb. Never noticed them being that effective.
Sold 2 on CL and gave the other 2 away.

I concentrated on my big collector, tightened things up, and made more of a difference by collecting at the source.f
I can tell mine works by the amount of fine dust on the double filters.  Two minor repairs in ten years... not bad.
Jim in Okie
(08-24-2018, 07:49 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I can tell mine works by the amount of fine dust on the double filters.  Two minor repairs in ten years... not bad.

Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have the 1500 jet, and a small Grizzly hanging from the ceiling. I also use a 20 inch box fan with a filter on it beside where I'm sanding at . I have a old furnace fan squirrel cage . Plus a couple other small squirrel cages. I plan on building a downdraft table slash outfeed table for one of my table saws . It will serve as my main sanding station as well.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(08-24-2018, 07:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Never noticed them being that effective.
Mine is very effective, and has been for a number of years.  I got it after a flood had destroyed my basement shop, and I had to tear out finished floor, etc.  There was mold under the flooring, and I became allergic to my shop -- I could not go in.  That's when I got the air cleaner: leaving it running, along with a couple of dehumidifiers, completely removed the allergen problem.  Now when pollen gets into the house and someone else is allergic, opening the shop door, circulating the house air into the shop, and running the air cleaner removes the allergen.

In short, the thing works much better than I expected. I don't have a particle counter, but this seems to me pretty good evidence it's removing the small stuff.
I may add another overhead on the other side of the shop next year to increase the air quality just that much more.
Jim in Okie
I have had zero issues with mine.  Had it so long I can't remember when I bought  it.  My Grizzly cyclone remote turns it on also.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I have the same unit for 20+ years. I dropped the remote a couple of years ago and it has not worked since. I did not bother to buy another , just used a stick to access the controls. A few months ago the unit stopped working . After checking the motor itself which worked fine ,I narrowed it down to the circuit board. I thought the boards capacitor was shot, it wasn't . I needed a new board. $100.00 board for an old air cleaner? I threw  the board out and wired the motor direct. 
Works well , though the timer and the speed control are lost. Works on high speed only. I control the on/off with a remote control kit from Lowes for I think $20.00. This has one receiver that controls 3 appliances up to 50 feet away. I have one installed on the air cleaner and another on the dust collector. Haven't found a need for the third yet.

mike