Air Tool Oil
(08-30-2018, 02:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: +1

I have quite a stash of Snap-On air oil left from my mechanical days, so I use that.
No idea who bottled the oil for them.

I think the reason a special type of oil was recommended for years was because of the type of material the manufacturers used for their "O" rings..Oils derived from petroleum would cause them to deteriorate, but now I would imagine all makers use Neoprene for their seals and O rings and that is impervious to any oil I know of.

The power company I was employed by used thick rubber blankets to cover live power lines when working near energized conductors..They had to be careful to keep ANY oil away from them because it would turn them to "jelly"...Neoprene was not as dielectric as the blankets they used...The discarded blankets made a good floor mat for the workbench, and I still have a couple of them.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Back in the day, for the big 1" air impacts, we would take dextron and diesel fuel, mix half and half and use that.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020