WTB small power feeder for router table use
I'm stunned that the cheapest power feeder I can find new online is $400! 
And finding a gear reduction drive or gear motor that runs on single phase for less than $200 is very difficult based on my many hours of searching during the past week. 

Does anyone either have a little feeder they want to sell and ship? I'm really hoping to spend under $200. Hopefully that's not a pipe dream 
Big Grin.

Or can anyone suggest a good source for a single phase gear reduction motor so I can make my own feeder?
A reduction ratio of 50:1 to as high as 100:1 would be ideal for my needs.

Thanks!!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(08-25-2018, 09:18 PM)alanealane Wrote: I'm stunned that the cheapest power feeder I can find new online is $400! 
And finding a gear reduction drive or gear motor that runs on single phase for less than $200 is very difficult based on my many hours of searching during the past week. 

Does anyone either have a little feeder they want to sell and ship? I'm really hoping to spend under $200. Hopefully that's not a pipe dream 
Big Grin.

Or can anyone suggest a good source for a single phase gear reduction motor so I can make my own feeder?

Thanks!!

Did you try surplus center for the gear motor?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(08-27-2018, 09:17 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Did you try surplus center for the gear motor?

Yep I did but not too much caught my eye... Maybe I don't know what to look for. A lot of industrial motors are DC and require a motor control. Guess I better get on YouTube and learn some stuff so I know what to choose. I did see a nice 110V AC gear motor on eBay with a variable speed control for not too much moolah. Might give it a try. Still wouldn't mind finding one of those fancy 3 wheel units made for woodworking  
Wink
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[quote pid='7660719' dateline='1535413215']

alanealane
Yep I did but not too much caught my eye... Maybe I don't know what to look for. A lot of industrial motors are DC and require a motor control. Guess I better get on YouTube and learn some stuff so I know what to choose. I did see a nice 110V AC gear motor on eBay with a variable speed control for not too much moolah. Might give it a try. Still wouldn't mind finding one of those fancy 3 wheel units made for woodworking  
Wink
[/quote]

Many folks converting G0704 to cnc swap the motor out for a treadmill motor. Many times they are free. They have a speed control built in too. Maybe that could be a free or cheap source.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(08-28-2018, 08:27 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: [quote pid='7660719' dateline='1535413215']

alanealane
Wink

Many folks converting G0704 to cnc swap the motor out for a treadmill motor. Many times they are free. They have a speed control built in too. Maybe that could be a free or cheap source.
[/quote]

Interesting idea I'll look into that Mikie!!!!
Alex
(08-25-2018, 09:18 PM)alanealane Wrote: Or can anyone suggest a good source for a single phase gear reduction motor so I can make my own feeder?

Thanks!!

I've snagged a few off of Ebay over the years. Some are terrific buys, compared to new prices.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Quick update: I found a sweet little 1/3 horsepower gear motor on eBay (still sold new for over $600 but I paid a fraction of that...although I spent a few hrs cleaning it up lol), and I purchased some pillow blocks and other stuff to make my own feeder. It will be built into the router table fence. There's a guy in Canada who posted some videos on YouTube that inspired me.

On another note I was contacted today by a longtime woodnet member who has a feeder he might be willing to part with. If I get it, it'll go on my flatmaster drum sander.

Thanks everybody!!
Alex
If you would, show us how you built the feeder, either here or upstairs somewhere.

Thanks!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(09-09-2018, 09:19 PM)Martin S. Wrote: If you would, show us how you built the feeder, either here or upstairs somewhere.

Thanks!

I'll do my best.
Here's the videos I found inspiration from. Mine will be almost identical.
https://youtu.be/uSPyPR-hDqc shows it in action
https://youtu.be/UwodWaplsfo shows how it's made
Alex