Mowers. Who’s gone electric?
Alright, I've studied the Ego snow blower a little bit more.

It uses TWO 56v batteries and a 2000-watt motor.

Videos demos would seem to indicate it works at least as my current single-stage Toro:

My current mower is approx. 18+ years old and has some rust issues on the deck, and my Toro snow blower is approx. 18 years old.

I don't think that snow is that heavy or wet, but there is undeniably quite a bit of it.

One feature I like of the snow blower quite a bit, is the ability to reduce RPM's.  There are times when we get a lot of powder and the Toro will make clouds of it.  If I were able to reduce RPM's, I'd likely have an easier time putting it where I'd like it.

So I'm actually entertaining the notion of trying these Ego units.
(09-10-2018, 08:04 AM)JosephP Wrote: Mine is so stinking light weight, I don't see the point of self propelled...  seems like wasted use of battery energy.  I doubt I'd get all the way through my yard if all else was the same except some of the battery was used to turn wheels.

I have some mobility issues, so for me it helps to be able to have it propel itself out of corners etc. We were able to mow our entire yard and then some on a single charge, so for me it's all good.

Phil, I didn't realize it uses two batteries, that's awesome. I think they have a version of the mower that uses two, too.  Maybe with a steel deck. Their backpack blower may use two also, not sure. The higher voltage definitely opens up the torque potential.
Benny

My mower takes 2 batteries, but only uses one at a time...then switches when the 1st dies.
That's pretty cool! I think my buddy's dewalt does that...
Benny