The next turning I just finished 3 days before the wedding
This bowl had taken me a month of on and off turning.  Not because it was hard to did it between spells of feeling OK to do it.

The wood is Catalpa and Turquoise.  I got the Turquoise from EBay on 15.5" strings for $1.77 each and got 5 of them.

[attachment=12571]

[attachment=12572]

As most of the time.  Three coats of Tru Oil and Beall buffing system.  On getting the stone crushed I used 12" of black pipe and end caps on both ends.  I sanded off the one end flat so it would crush the stones better and they not fly out.  I then used a 2" black pipe end and turned some 2" x 8" red oak and then glued a 8"x12" red oak board to the bottom.  In the center made of the red oak I turned a hole to hold the cap and then epoxied it all in.  Then I used a hammer on top of the 1" pipe to crush it.

I will add a picture of it tomorrow.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I like it Arlin..
So will the recipients
How big is it? The turquoise looks nice with that wood.
VH07V  
10" wide at the top and 4" at the bottom and about 4" tall.

I should have said 4 days and not 3 since the wedding is this Friday and we leave tomorrow for Superior, WS.

Anyone live around Duluth, MN or Superior, WS?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(08-28-2018, 01:58 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: 10" wide at the top and 4" at the bottom and about 4" tall.

I should have said 4 days and not 3 since the wedding is this Friday and we leave tomorrow for Superior, WS.

Anyone live around Duluth, MN or Superior, WS?

Pretty  bowl, that will make a real  nice gift. The contrast with the turquoise is cool.  I don't live near Superior / Duluth but have gone through it quite a few times. If you have the time, Highway 61 north toward Canada is one of the real scenic gems in the area. Beautiful vistas of rocky Lake Superior abound. Makes for a nice drive , especially if your a passenger and not the driver.
The wedding was at 3pm and went until 7pm and o what a day.  Really to long to be out for me.   We leave tomorrow at 12pm or so and drive to Des Moines to spend the night.

I hope she likes it to.

Great looking bowl Arlin.  I really like Catalpa to work with.
Looks good, Arlin!
Yes

Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."