Timberwolf
Jack, one of the reasons I found it so hard to return was the fear that you would no longer be among us. When I needed the advice of a father, you "leapt to the breach." So, now I want to know how you are doing. hell you are a Marine so you have to be tougher than I.

Loving respect, Mike T.
(08-31-2018, 06:59 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Jack, one of the reasons I found it so hard to return was the fear that you would no longer be among us. When I needed the advice of a father, you "leapt to the breach." So, now I want to know how you are doing. hell you are a Marine so you have to be tougher than I.

Loving respect, Mike T.

Mike, the odometer is rolling and in a week or so I will be at the 86 mark......Just the usual aches and pains associated with advancing years..Diabetes, High BP, blown out knees but still doing much better than I deserve, as Dave Ramsey says...
Big Grin At least I am walking, with a cane now but still upright..As a Marine, we're in the "pain business"...We don't "feel" pain...we "inflict " pain......
Rolleyes
Laugh Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!! At least, that's what they tell you at Parris Island...
Rolleyes

Just wondering if you're still in the "Justice business"??? You may remember my step-son, the South Georgia "Back Woods" lawyer/judge??? He is now on the Georgia Supreme Court...His mom sure would be proud of him...She passed in late 2010..

So tell me how you are doing and what you have been doing to stay busy??..I remember you were going to build musical instruments......how's that going ol' Bud??
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-31-2018, 08:51 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: Mike, the odometer is rolling and in a week or so I will be at the 86 mark......Just the usual aches and pains associated with advancing years..Diabetes, High BP, blown out knees but still doing much better than I deserve, as Dave Ramsey says...
Big Grin  At least I am walking, with a cane now but still upright..As a Marine, we're in the "pain business"...We don't "feel" pain...we "inflict " pain......
Rolleyes  
Laugh Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!! At least, that's what they tell you at Parris Island...
Rolleyes

Just wondering if you're still in the "Justice business"??? You may remember my step-son, the South Georgia "Back Woods" lawyer/judge??? He is now on the Georgia Supreme Court...His mom sure would be proud of him...She passed in late 2010..

So tell me how you are doing and what you have been doing to stay busy??..I remember you were going to build musical instruments......how's that going ol' Bud??

Well, I commend you Jack, and hope I can at least match 'ya!
Wink

Next week you'll have 26 years on me...so I don't know how close I can get. I consider 90 to be a pretty good year to make it to. That would give me about 30 more. I have a few things I want to build before the end, but gonna keep making and doing what I can until the end.

Woodworking helps keep fiber in one's diet. And a good reminder, we are what we eat!
Winkgrin

Alan
(09-02-2018, 09:13 PM)TraditionalToolworks Wrote: Well, I commend you Jack, and hope I can at least match 'ya!
Wink

Next week you'll have 26 years on me...so I don't know how close I can get. I consider 90 to be a pretty good year to make it to. That would give me about 30 more. I have a few things I want to build before the end, but gonna keep making and doing what I can until the end.

Woodworking helps keep fiber in one's diet. And a good reminder, we are what we eat!
Winkgrin

Alan

Well I guess I know what I am about to become, Allan...an APPLE FRITTER !!.
Big eek
Big eek ...It's what's for breakfast..
Winkgrin ..To put this in perspective, you are two years younger than my son......and as I love to say to you young pups...I have shoes older than you are !!!!!!!
Laugh
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(08-31-2018, 08:51 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: Mike, the odometer is rolling and in a week or so I will be at the 86 mark......Just the usual aches and pains associated with advancing years..Diabetes, High BP, blown out knees but still doing much better than I deserve, as Dave Ramsey says...
Big Grin  At least I am walking, with a cane now but still upright..As a Marine, we're in the "pain business"...We don't "feel" pain...we "inflict " pain......
Rolleyes  
Rolleyes

Jack- I did do something crazy. I had a friend who is a Lt. Colonel in Army Special Forces take me to a Marine Corps recruiter office to volunteer to enlist as an expendable sniper. No spotter at risk; no expectation of being rescued. I even had some .308 700 yard targets. As you would expect they kindly sent us away. Since I am fully retired from all forms of law, I thought I should do something I did not do in the '60's--'70's, though the enemy now has attacked me and mine and in that case I can set aside my religious dedication. Back then they would not take me as a medic/corpsman because of my back injury.****Yes, my buddy was embarrassed but we figured the Corps was the only branch that might take me****

I am so glad you are OK and my respect for the Justice. Mike
I do also like Pop and he will live forever.  He is like my wife I can not imagine like without her either.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-13-2018, 12:54 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I do also like Pop and he will live forever.  He is like my wife I can not imagine like without her either.

Geeze Arlin...you set the stakes high, old friend!!! But I'll do my best to "hang around" a while...Good Lord willing as they say..
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack- just want you to know that on my own, I decided to delete my sniper and rifles posts since they were so far off topic- no  moderator intervention. Yes, Marines at Chosin or anywhere in deep winter Korea were in about the same shape as the Army at Bastogne. In WW I, a grandfather saw a fellow soldier reach up to warm or feel his ear and it darn near snapped off--parts of it actually did. I think the coldest I have been is falling through iffy pond ice where we had been playing hockey-soaked to my chest and 3 mile walk home. My hands have suffered ever since, feet bad but not as bad as hands.
(09-19-2018, 07:24 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Jack- just want you to know that on my own, I decided to delete my sniper and rifles posts since they were so far off topic- no  moderator intervention. Yes, Marines at Chosin or anywhere in deep winter Korea were in about the same shape as the Army at Bastogne. In WW I, a grandfather saw a fellow soldier reach up to warm or feel his ear and it darn near snapped off--parts of it actually did. I think the coldest I have been is falling through iffy pond ice where we had been playing hockey-soaked to my chest and 3 mile walk home. My hands have suffered ever since, feet bad but not as bad as hands.

I understand completely, Mike..and I just deleted two of mine also...
Winkgrin  
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset