Portable Wood Storage Rack
I'm planning to build something like this soon too. As for dimensions, I always see these massive 8' long carts for 8' sheets which seems silly to me. I'm inclined to make something around 6' long. It would still hold a 4x8. That way it's only 8' long when I rarely have a full sheet waiting to be cut down. Other times it's will be way more manageable in a small crowded shop. Looking forward to seeing what you build.
I have something similar. The great thing is that it holds a lot of stuff. The bad thing is it holds a lot of stuff. The downsides are that it takes up a rather large footprint. In addition, it is heavy! I once pushed the cart out of my shop and couldn't get it back in by myself because the driveway is about a 3/4-inch lower than the shop floor. Again, it's great storage but it takes a lot of floor space and is heavy.
Just received a PM from a member (Thanks John!) informing me that this design is from the January 2001 issue of Shopnotes. He offered to copy it and send me a PDF. Upon digging thorough my old files, "voila" I found the copy with dimensions and instructions!

Thanks again, John!

Doug