HANDTOOLS: Labor day tools; #3, #18, Drawknives, Spokeshaves, Dividers, etc., etc.
Here is a selection of user quality tools, all given the once over by me and are 100% mechanically and are tools I would own, priced reasonably for users. I've scoured the flea markets to find these, and I don't buy junk. Plenty of pics can be seen in the Flickr album here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9255954311

Below are the tools listed in order in which they appear in the album:

First up is a 10" Pexto (excellent maker) drawknife; very clean, handles are solid, not used very much as it has an almost full depth knife, over 1 1/2" deep; hard to find something better, yours for $30 plus shipping, excellent tool and excellent value.  Teaser pic:

[Image: 43689217064_052ab455c6_b.jpg]
Next up is a 9" Douglas sweep drawknife; again, very clean, handles are solid and tight, see pic for the nice sweep curve, yours for $25 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 44406448961_40c6c36ef4_b.jpg]

Next up is a Sweetheart vintage Stanley #18 knuckle cap block plane; quite possibly the finest block plane design to ever come out of New Britain CT; I paid attention to the iron, reset the bevel on my Tormek and as you can see it performs; more attention to the iron will only improve performance. Everything works as it should, ready to go block plane; yours for $42 plus shipping.
[Image: 29469182297_65010d4240_b.jpg]

Next is a Stanley 9 1/2 block plane, again, I paid attention to the iron, more attention to the iron will only improve performance, no real apologies except some japanning loss at the toe, works as it should as you can see from the pics, plane is ready for work and can be yours for the very reasonable price of $32 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 44406453501_7211574682_b.jpg]

Next is a Stanley #3, Type 14 ('29-'30) which I again did my thing with the iron, and also mated the chipbreaker to the iron; apologies are a repaired crack in the tote (epoxy, by me, well done), japanning loss under the adjustment wheel, and the iron and chipbreaker had some rust issues, good sole and mouth, it is a desirable type, ready to be put to wood, and can be yours for $38 plus shipping.  Teaser pic:
[Image: 44406452091_08b121e9d3_b.jpg]

Next is a #51, sweetheart vintage spokeshave, original SW iron logo, nice and clean tool, yours for $20 plus shipping.  Teaser:
[Image: 43689218924_9cc9d33fd4_b.jpg]

Next is a very desirable and useful spokeshave, the Stanley #53; this one is pretty old, iron has the "Stanley Rule and Level" logo on the original iron, what's nice is the mouth of this shave is adjustable, I don't find many of these, and this one is very clean, well taken care of, the nicest I've seen in many years; can be yours for $35 plus shipping.  Teaser:
[Image: 29469174657_9671355029_b.jpg]

Next is a Starrett #563 hermaphrodite firm joint caliper, great for scribing from the edges of work, I use mine all the time; new these go for $60 and up, this one is nice and clean and ready for work, yours for $20 plus shipping.  Teaser:

[Image: 29469177487_f60c2c92f7_b.jpg]

Next up is a set of four divider; from left to right, a 6" Pexto, a 4" Athol Machine Co (high quality, acquired by Starrett in 1905); a Brown and Sharpe 3" and B&S 2" (B&S is the equal of Starrett); all quality makers, and you never have enough dividers. I'll sell as a set for $50 plus shipping, and if they don't go that way, then $15 each, plus shipping.  Teaser:
[Image: 44406440491_e6552bfbd1_b.jpg]

Next is a vintage Stanley #1 six inch try square; all steel, still square, original paint, really nice piece and a handy size for layout; yours for $15 plus shipping. Teaser:
[Image: 44406447591_1be022650a_b.jpg]

Next is a very, very nice Buck 5/8 incannel gouge, a really nice size for control work; zero apologies, handle solid, excellent value for someone at $15 plus shipping. Teaser:
[Image: 44406443131_f34100a3dd_b.jpg]

Last but not least is a Norton slipstone, in the box, no chips, great for sharpening things like gouges. Yours for $10 plus shipping. Teaser:

[Image: 44406448251_d881496b57_b.jpg]

Again, see the Flickr link above for many more pics. I don't have paypal, I'm an old dog and that's a new trick, so old school payment by USPS money order please, checks are ok if I know you from the forum; first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full name and shipping address so I can quote postage and print out mailing labels.

Quality user tools that I would own, again, given the once over by someone who knows tools.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent.  Thanks, Jim
Big Grin 
Hope all this is gone before my tenants pay me rent.
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
PM Sent on the Pexto Drawknife

I'll take the 9" draw knife and the #3 if available. PM sent
Rich,
Sent you a PM.
Regards,
SteveK
"I don't have an answer to your question....but I can answer a question that you may be asking in the future"
PM sent on the #3 and #18. Looks like I may have missed both, hope not!
Wow, sorry for the delay in response to the PM's I posted this then went to a wedding and this morning was a bit hazy . . . . . . .

Anyways, I've had multiple responses and all that is not yet spoken for is the 9 1/2 block; the Stanley 6" try square, the Buck gouge and perhaps the slipstone.

I've got some more bench planes and boring tools in the pipeline so stay tuned. Thanks for looking.....
Gouge and slipstone are sold.
Everything is spoken for. Thanks to all for looking.