CMT plug cutter weird experience
im workin on a blanket chest and i needed some 3/8" plugs. i have no idea where my plug cutter set walked off to and didnt need them immediately, so i ordered just the one off of amazon- a 3/8".  these CMT plug cutters make short work of cutting plugs, but what baffled me was why this 3/8" plug cutter was cutting 1/4" plugs. i thought maybe i didnt drink enough caffeine yet! it did cut a perfect,smooth 1/4" plug,though.
so back in the box and back to its original home.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quality Control, or lack there of.  Package and shank are labeled 3/8" but someone forgot to check the product.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I was thinking of adding them to my inventory, don't need those headaches though.  Call CMT, they may send you the correct one.
(09-07-2018, 10:46 AM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I was thinking of adding them to my inventory, don't need those headaches though.  Call CMT, they may send you the correct one.

if you can see them in person and know they are the correct size id say go for it. the couple plugs i cut in walnut they cut perfectly and pretty quick.
i was able to get a refund.
pretty darn weird it was even laser engraved 3/8" yet a 1/4" cutter
(09-07-2018, 02:07 PM)tomsteve Wrote: if you can see them in person and know they are the correct size id say go for it. the couple plugs i cut in walnut they cut perfectly and pretty quick.
i was able to get a refund.
pretty darn weird it was even laser engraved 3/8" yet a 1/4" cutter

Sounds like a mixup at there factory, I'll let them know in case they have an inventory issue.
Here is an update for those interested.

"Yes, we did have an instance a few months ago where we received a large batch of plug cutters that were the incorrect size.

We went through our entire stock and pulled the incorrectly measured plug cutters out… We are replacing them as necessary since we are not sure which distributors received incorrect cutters."