I need more clamps

Big Grin

Seriously, I do need more clamps (who doesn't).  I just can't go out and buy them all at one time.  My neighbor goes to yard sales and finds them all the time along with other items....maybe I need to start doing the same thing he does because they can get expensive.
Clamps are spendy. Keep an eye on the online yard sale sites too (Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, etc.). I have had good luck there for clamps.
Use hot glue.....
VH07V  
A couple of “F” style clamps will serve you well. One on each of the sides would suffice in the case of your photo. It is hard to get serious clamp pressure with squeeze clamps. I have several, and they are useful, but an acme thread bears down tighter.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-05-2018, 06:32 PM)handi Wrote: A couple of “F” style clamps will serve you well. One on each of the sides would suffice in the case of your photo. It is hard to get serious clamp pressure with squeeze clamps. I have several, and they are useful, but an acme thread bears down tighter.

I have done what you are doing many times with three clamps, "F" style of course.  You are correct.  You need more clamps, but a different type as well.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Harbor Freight clamps (F-clamps) work for most of my smaller projects. Not only inexpensive, but even cheaper with a 20% coupon. I think I have at least 8 of each size plus my Irwinsquick clamps.

Every woodworker's lament. 
Big Grin

I probably have over 150 clamps of all sorts & sizes, ranging from small spring clamps to 6' long pipe clamps.  I've been accumulating them for 40 years.  I just picked up a couple more pipe clamps and wooden hand screw clamps at a flea market this past weekend.  Didn't really need them, but as the old saying goes, you never have enough. 
Laugh
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I bought a bunch on closeout at lowes, at an estate sale, when woodcraft had a sale.  I figured... "clamps, I got." 
Smirk

Then I built a couple projects with multiple drawers, or complicated frames...

Upset

Sheesh...
"I need more clamps."

No
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I normally wouldn't suggest buying any ww'ing tools from Harbor Freight, BUT,

The aluminum bar clamps as well as the 6 & 12" F clamps are not bad.

I tuned up the bar clamps by filing the edges of the sliders and slipping a piece of hard wood inside the channel.

Epoxy the plastic pads on the F clamps they come off easily.

BTW, those clamps you have pictured are not going to exert as much force.
I have too many clamps, ran out of hanging space on my clamp wall.  I am often in need of even more clamps  

The best part about the HF F-clamps are the rubber handles. Great for tightening in cramped and awkward positions, often i can only get a thumb and finger in to position for tightening.  Wood handled F-clamps simply suck in comparison and I wont buy them . . . . 

So, wander down to HF with your coupon and purchase one or two F-clamps two times a month and by end of the year . . . . .  you should have close to 50.

Also, you have more money than time so wandering around hour after hour at garage sales is wasting your most important commodity, TIME.  Trust me, we are all running out of time . . . .