I need more clamps
I have 12406 clamps. I still use hot glue on occasion.
VH07V  
(09-06-2018, 08:42 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I normally wouldn't suggest buying any ww'ing tools from Harbor Freight, BUT,

The aluminum bar clamps as well as the 6 & 12" F clamps are not bad.
The HF F clamps are almost the only F clamps in my shop whose clamp pads don't come loose and get lost.

Simon
I have several HF clamps - they aren't the best but for non pros I think they are just fine.  I do not like their quick clamps - I have broken several of them - the handles.  They will replace them but that's frustrating.  

Oh - no matter how many clamps you have there will be a project when you will need one more.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(09-07-2018, 07:20 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I have several HF clamps - they aren't the best but for non pros I think they are just fine.  I do not like their quick clamps - I have broken several of them - the handles.  They will replace them but that's frustrating.  

Oh - no matter how many clamps you have there will be a project when you will need one more.
My best source for good clamps has been flea markets.  I usually find one or two each trip.  Its crucial to know the differences in clamp quality.  Forged clamps like Wilton, Armstrong, Williams and others are the top of the line and can impart plenty of clamping pressure to spread out viscous glue.  The Adjustable 1400 series are so-so.  Older Craftsman clamps  are at least as good as the Adjustables.  Fuller from Japan have proven to be pretty strong also.  Taiwan and China clamps should be left with the seller.  They spread and deflect very easily.

At yard sales and estate sales I often see things from people that bought cheap junk clamps in the first place.  Every now and then I get some good clamps from those places but its rare.

Those blue quick adjust clamps are fantastic for some jobs.  I've got at least 18 full size ones plus some of the medium and small ones.  They're best were one doesn't need gluing pressure but more of a holding pressure while you get the good clamps.  For furniture repair the low pressure clamps are good.

Good C-clamps spread the pressure and give a very strong glue-up with a minimum glue line.
I have probably a hundred F clamps and a dozen pipe clamps, all from HF.   This is a very old pic, and all are at least fifteen years old now and I think I replaced one F clamp, years ago.   For the price they are EXCELLENT clamps.   Their pipe clamps are an excellent value as well.

[Image: P1010011-XL.jpg]
Bessey Tools sponsors my website and TV show. I have created dozens of videos for their YouTube channel and Social Media. They initially sent me a pallet with 600 pounds of clamps! 

I still do not have enough.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-06-2018, 05:29 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I have 12406 clamps. I still use hot glue on occasion.

I think I'm 1 behind ya.
Laugh

(09-07-2018, 11:03 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: Good C-clamps spread the pressure and give a very strong glue-up with a minimum glue line.

I love my c-clamps. I have probably twice that many as I did bendable stair railing for a number of years.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020