Top-sealing chimney cap suggestions needed
Brick 
I'm looking to add a top-sealing chimney cap for our wood burning fireplace.  Due to some physical challenges, some family members can't open the internal hinged damper just below the smoke shelf.  The kind with the cast link with ratchet notches, which takes a bit of strength and practice to operate.

Without getting into major surgery on the masonry, I think the next best thing would be a top-sealing cap with chain or cable to the fireplace opening.  It might also keep the smell down when it rains, as the room gets a strong smoke stink in rain for a month or two after the last use which makes me nauseous.*  

It's probably time for a chimney cleaning anyway, and I'd probably have the sweep do the install.  But I need suggestions on the most effective sealing yet easily operated (easiest opening, at least) cap system.  

Anyone have this style that they're happy with?

*I don't know how that happened, as I grew up with leaf burning and wood stoves and such, and always liked the smell. 
Confused
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I've seen the chain connecting the top and bottom break on a few. Don't know that I'd recommend any that I've seen.

Have you considered the balloon?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

No.  I've seen it, but I'm looking for something DW can do easily.  I guess a balloon is easy enough to deflate and pull out.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Chimalater
VH07V  
(09-08-2018, 05:11 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Chimalater

found them

similars and reviews

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.