Handtools; Braces and bits.... old school
Ok, here's some braces and traditional brace bits, the latter being center bits and gimlet bits, along with a Millers Falls expansion bit.
Here's a link to a Flickr album with pics of the tools: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...1048533267
First, the braces: from left to right...

A Millers Falls 10 inch No. 442 brace; works like it should, good condition, open ratchet, it will drill holes. $15 plus shipping. Teaser pic of all the braces:

[Image: 43648868515_a3b7db3e1c_b.jpg]

Next is a truly vintage Craftsman brace, this one made by Millers Falls, 10" throw, quality chuck, beefy, and enclosed ratchet, an indication of quality, very substantial chuck, clean and ready for use, yours for $20 plus shipping.

Next is a 12" throw Stanley #813; this one is special as it is very clean, nickeling virtually complete, and importantly has the Lion ball bearing chuck, some say equal to the Yankee 2101; enclosed ratchet, a quality brace when you need the extra torque a 12" throw gives you for the larger holes. Matches up will with the MF expansion bit that follows. Yours for $25 plus shipping.

Millers Falls #48 expansive bit, totally clean, very crispy indeed, zero apologies, not much, if any, use. In original box, comes with two cutters, gives you the ability to bore from 7/8" to 3", very versatile and useful bit to have. Yours for $15 plus shipping. Teaser pic:

[Image: 43648866285_e96f0fef6f_b.jpg]

Next are a group of 10 Gimlet bits for the brace. These are old school, not often found, various sizes, hard to come by. Yours for the very reasonable $20 plus shipping. Teaser pic:

[Image: 42749508670_7f90e49c4c_b.jpg]

Finally, a set of 6 Center Bits for the brace; the old school version of the current spade bit for power screwdrivers; these preceded the Irwin and Jennings pattern bits; clearly 19th century, some have some rust pitting, but when sharpened they will drill very well. 5/16, 1/2, 5/8, 9/16, 3/4 and 7/8ths. Yours for $30 plus shipping.

[Image: 42749509550_ac0e147d24_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority. Please include in your PM your shipping address so I can calculate and quote shipping. I don't have paypal, its an new trick and I'm an old dog, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are just dandy.....
User tools that I would own priced reasonably for other users.... thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Gimlet bits are sold.
In for the center bits...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Center bits are sold.

Also the Craftsman 10" brace.
PM sent on expansion bit and Stanley #813 
Big Grin
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
All the tools are now confirmed sold. Thanks to all for looking.