Phone apps?
I know I am very late to I phones, but recently I got one.  Now I've found a few neat "apps".  I was reading a couple month old "Wood Magazine" and they had an article that would address this, but I was thoroughly disappointed.  What are your favorites, mostly woodworking, but someone showed me this neat one that shows all the planets, stars, etc, that is really neat.

Of course I am as cheap as the next person, maybe more, so the cheaper the better, what do you folks use?

Thanks
(09-08-2018, 05:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I know I am very late to I phones, but recently I got one.  Now I've found a few neat "apps".  I was reading a couple month old "Wood Magazine" and they had an article that would address this, but I was thoroughly disappointed.  What are your favorites, mostly woodworking, but someone showed me this neat one that shows all the planets, stars, etc, that is really neat.

Of course I am as cheap as the next person, maybe more, so the cheaper the better, what do you folks use?

Thanks

I don't know much about the iPhone market (being an Android user), but I know that in the Android market, at least, you generally get what you pay for.  Yeah, that "free" app may do wonders for you, but it's likely mining all kinds of personal information from your phone behind the scenes and "phoning home" (wherever "home" is, to the app) with what it finds.

SW
"Gifted by the Almighty with the power to change useless wood into multifunctional sawdust in large volumes"
Evernote is still my favorite. Google maps, Waze for traffic
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Woodworking related:
Board foot calculator (my favorite is brown and has BF in it, not sure the exact name)
Level, spirit level

General:
MyRadar
Weather channel
Garage sale finder
Bank app lets me deposit checks from home

And it’s an iPhone, not like a robot saying “I, phone.”
Thanks for the replies. It's like learning to talk, no that was easier I think. The apps will probably be my favorite thing, although the camera was very useful on vacation.
Also try and start using Siri. Helpful for things like converting measurements, asking the score of a game, and just about everything.

ESPECIALLY for setting reminders. “Hey Siri, remind me on Wednesday at 2pm to buy flowers for my wife”
Square for taking CC payments at craft shows. Not woodworking, but Our Groceries is great. SWMBO and I can add items to a shared grocery list. I’ll even add stuff as she’s on the way to the store. I keep a separate one for big box store runs.
(09-08-2018, 05:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I know I am very late to I phones, but recently I got one.  Now I've found a few neat "apps".  I was reading a couple month old "Wood Magazine" and they had an article that would address this, but I was thoroughly disappointed.  What are your favorites, mostly woodworking, but someone showed me this neat one that shows all the planets, stars, etc, that is really neat.

Thanks

Other than the very limited article in "Wood Magazine", has any other publication had any articles about apps used in woodworking.  As this is new to me, they might have been there and I skipped them because they were of no interest to me.
Unless the app specifically states that it does not track or access personal information and/or share it, assume it does regardless if it was free or not.

I like the YouTube app/subscription as I can download videos and watch them later, listen to music, etc
I don’t use any specific ww app
I have a calculator to figure bf and measurements etc and then there’s Google right at my fingertips.
My phone is an IPW - Incredible Portal to the World
Ray
I use SmartPay for my gas and save $.10/gallon.
I use Windy, a weather app.
Google maps and Chrome.

I removed lots of pre-installed stuff which I’ll never use.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.