Furnace Maintenance
In the past, the only furnace maintenance I did was to change the filter and lubricate the motor bearings.  The house I purchased has a high efficiency furnace.  Is there anything more I need to do?
Thanks.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
There are those who insist you need a yearly inspection by a pro, but what you described is pretty much what I've done. The condensing furnaces do have a drain for the condensate, I try to remember to pour a little bleach in it annually to keep it from clogging with fungus (or whatever that stuff is that grows there), If I get it once every three years I'm doing good.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It depends on the furnace and how busy it is. The blower is likely a direct drive with sealed bearings on the motor but check. If it has oil ports, 2-3 drops a year in each are enough. I see more issues from over lubing than under. Depending on the ignition system it uses, the flame sense electrode may want annual cleaning. Make an annual battery day to replace batteries in smoke detectors, thermostats, bedside flashlight, garage door openers, etc.
Check the drain as mentioned and the vent terminations outside for bug nests etc.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I've had to clean the A-coil a couple of times when I had filter problems.  

Inspect and clean is about all that really needs to be done.  Spot a problem and then might be the time you need a pro.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)