Choosing a QR Bench Face Vice
Long story short as possible-3 years ago I bought a Jorgensen 41012 QR vise for use as a face vice on a bench I eventually wanted to build. Then about 1-1/2 years ago I bought an older, made in England Record 52-1/2D vise here that had been reconditioned by our own SteveF. 

Now I'm starting to build the new bench and I would appreciate any thoughts on which vise I should use. The bench itself will most closely resemble a Paul Sellers bench, with only a face vice. I will vary from the Sellers model somewhat in that I want a deeper work top (22-24") and no tool well. I'll also add holdfast holes on the middle/back of the bench.

I actually have some past experience years ago using a Record vice as a tail vice, but I have no hands-on experience using a Jorgensen. I've identified some things I like better about each vice than the other, and I really don't have a negative about either. Before I flip a coin, I was wondering if there is any feedback, especially from users who have used both, to help me make a choice.

Record:
+ just a smoother operating vise, but that could be because it is well broken in.
+ a little taller jaw surface than the Jorgensen
+ the vise can be operated in/out entirely with the handle-no need to use the QR function as is the case on the Jorgensen
+ the Record will need little, if any, modification to inset it into the bottom of the bench

Jorgensen:
+ a slightly more solid feel to it, and feels like it has more gripping power although both vices have more than enough grip for most tasks
+ slightly wider jaw surface than the Record
+ slight edge to a wooden handle, which is what I am most familiar with
+ fewer moving parts, which could be a plus in dependability down the road

Anything I am overlooking or should be considering in my decision? Whatever vice I go with for the new bench, I'll probably fit the other one to either my assembly bench or my old main bench which is likely going to my son-in-law.

Attached Files Image(s)

The quick release function on the Record would settle it for me.
I bought a quick release vise mechanism for an auxiliary bench in my shop. It requires the addition of wood faces, which I considered a plus. After I mounted it, I discovered that turning the handle counter clockwise merely releases the quick release mechanism, it does not open the jaws. To do that, I need to pull back on the handle or vise face. This makes it very difficult to back the clamping pressure off delicately, which I find annoying and frustrating. Consequently, I don't use the vise very much. I have a Record on my main bench and it has done everything I have asked of it. It is a fine vise. I have never used the Jorgy you discuss. It might be wonderful. I just mention the clamp release issue because it's something I never thought about. You might want to check the Jorgy to see how it operates in this regard.
As Hank describes, the quick release function appears to be the most significant difference between the Record and the Jorgensen. Turning the handle counter-clockwise on the Jorgy does release the jaws enough to remove or reposition the stock, but continuing to turn it does not open the jaws any further. In this respect, I agree the Record has the edge. When making big changes opening/closing the respective vises, the Jorgy may have a slight edge as there is no need to reach for a trigger to engage the QR function, as is the case on the Record. Although I expect after using the vise for a while, that would become a natural movement when using the Record.

Unless someone else mentions another significant difference between the two, I expect the QR function will be the deciding factor.
Definitely, the Record for the main functions. Any slight twitches in convenience will compound, especially when you know the alternative will work. You don't mention wanting a tail vise, but the Jorgy could serve that function as I see less activity at that end.
It's really a coin flip, but I expect that the Record will get the nod. The biggest drawback I see with the Jorgy is that the loud sound of the acme threads dragging over the lock block when using the QR function is just irritating. The Record doesn't do this of course as the trigger on the QR keeps the threads and the lock separated.

I do have much respect for the Jorgy however, too bad it isn't still being manufactured. One really nice design feature is how the acme threads are indexed to the lock block so that when the handle is tightened, it is always vertical so that the handle is never in the user's way. I tried several thicknesses of wood to test this, and it works that way 100% of the time. Nice touch, as anyone who has ever poked themselves in the pelvis with a vise handle or loosened the work by leaning over a vise handle locked in the horizontal position can appreciate.

Attached Files Image(s)