DeWalt charger says “replace pack” (lithium battery)
Of course, that’s not what I want to see since these things aren’t cheap. So I look at the contacts and I get an idea maybe they could be cleaned up since they do look a little oxidized. I get a tiny flat file and give them a going over. 
Now the battery charges up just fine.
So FWIW, maybe this will save someone having to buy a new battery pack....
VH07V  
(09-11-2018, 05:36 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Of course, that’s not what I want to see since these things aren’t cheap. So I look at the contacts and I get an idea maybe they could be cleaned up since they do look a little oxidized. I get a tiny flat file and give them a going over. 

Great tip Thanks
(09-11-2018, 05:36 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Of course, that’s not what I want to see since these things aren’t cheap. So I look at the contacts and I get an idea maybe they could be cleaned up since they do look a little oxidized. I get a tiny flat file and give them a going over. 

Sounds like a variation on the eraser trick I learned back when dinosaurs ruled.  While picking up a new video card at BB, the geek squadron guy mentioned some troubles with his.  I said "try the eraser trick first", only to get a puzzled look in response.  Next visit (for ink) he saw me and said "it worked", like he hadn't believed it would.  Guess not all components have gold plated contacts even now....
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(09-11-2018, 05:36 PM)EightFingers Wrote:

Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020