My Tool Rack
Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really. I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all. I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”. (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year. I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Byrom Wrote: Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really.  I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all.  I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”.   (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year.  I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.
Hi Byrom;
Welcome (belated) to the forum! From the looks of your handtools you're a lot more qualified than many of us here..  We will enjoy seeing your pics! Bring'em on....
Skip

(09-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Byrom Wrote: Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really.  I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all.  I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”.   (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year.  I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.

Nice Rack!

Smile
Nice selection of high quality vintage tools, you've got a good eye!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Welcome! and, like they say, "nice rack!. Curious.... Is there a special tool for the top, middle pocket? 

Besides the kudos, you might want to add a backboard before that fantastic paneling is mangled. 

Bruce
Awesome tool rack!! I like the color, especially against the lighter wood paneling. Nicely done!!
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Welcome aboard!! Recent thread about plane storage prompts
a question regarding your rack. How are they held in place?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I made a wall rack for frequently used tools near my work bench, but just hung them on pegs, except for a select few.  A group a small saws and such went on magnets. 
Big Grin   Your design contrasts nicely with the paneled background, and keeps the tools organized and at hand. A win. 
Laugh
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Looks great and seems like it would be highly functional. Well done!
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

Nice design, and what looks to be a good selection of tools (I see you're also a fan of Spofford braces).  One comment: you've got a lot of sharp edges hanging down there, just above what looks to be a bench.  You might consider adding an extension to the bottom of the rack and a board across to protect those edges from damage, and your hands from damage if you're reaching toward the back of the bench.  Maybe even some sheet plastic (acrylic or the like) as a guard.