vinyl or aluminum gutters
I added a 12" overhang to a 12" length of roof.  I will need to add a gutter.   It will be between 13 and 13½ feet when done with a downspout at one end.

Advantages/disadvantages of vinyl?  Or do I stick with aluminum?

On a 13' run, cost will not be a factor.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Do you have squirrels? Once upon a time, I decided to use vinyl gutters and the squirrels chewed them to pieces. They will also chew on the aluminum, but not as much and with less damage. Hope that helps.
I would see if I could have a gutter man make me the exact length shouldn't cost to much and no leaks a the joint.
(09-13-2018, 05:10 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I would see if I could have a gutter man make me the exact length shouldn't cost to much and no leaks a the joint.

Yes...  It isn't that expensive.  But there will still be joints at the corners.  But they know what they are doing and should do a better job and preventing those from leaking.
i vote aluminum. might even be able to hook up with a seamless gutter guy to have him make one at one of his jobsites instead of him driving to your place for 13'. might save a few bucks.
Aluminum would be my choice as well. Seamless would be nice, but it would be very hard (or expensive) in my area to get someone to set up for a 13' run. I like Tomsteve's suggestion.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I will go with the aluminum, the rest of the house is done in aluminum.

It used to be that the plastic gutters were extruded, nowadays they are roll formed just like the aluminum ones are.  I guess it is cheaper to roll form than to extrude.
HomeDepot made this an easy decision.  

The vinyl gutters came in 10 foot lengths.

The aluminum gutters came in 16 foot lengths.

With the aluminum gutters there would be no seams.  It was a no-brainer for me.  

It is installed with a generous pitch.  No downspout yet (and no rain yet either).

It was a challenge to install working alone, but  I was able to use bar clamps as "shelves" to hold the gutter in place while I added the clips and screws.  I didn't have a crimping tool for the end caps (and I don't trust the crimps either).  I added pop rivets to hold them in place.  It worked fine.
Aluminum. Just put gutters on the entire house this Spring. Much more durable IMO. Also come in colors to match your house.

Doug
(09-17-2018, 11:33 PM)Tapper Wrote: Aluminum. Just put gutters on the entire house this Spring. Much more durable IMO. Also come in colors to match your house.

Doug
I live in an alternate universe.  

My street name is Edge Hill Road.  Across town there is an Edgehill Drive.  The numbering scheme is identical.  

I came home one day and found that I had all new aluminum gutters.  I was  pretty sure I had not ordered any new gutters.  I drove across town to Edgehill Drive and that house had new gutters too.  I rang the bell.

I asked, "Do you know anything about my new gutters?"

And the home owner replied, "The salesman showed up around noon time and asked where was his crew.  I said I had not seen them.  He then drove off.  When he came back he said that his crew had already pulled off all the gutters from the wrong house so he told them to put up new ones."

(I never heard back from the gutter company.  I did get all new aluminum gutters.  The old galvanized steel gutters did not leak.  I was going to paint them.  The steel was not prone to damage like the aluminum ones are.)