STALLION BANDSAW 15''
(09-20-2018, 08:28 AM)EvilTwin Wrote:   But looking over the last 20 years,  many companies selling imported machinery have come and gone.  If General decided that it didn't make sense to continue to import these machines under their name, I'm not so sure how an ostensibly smaller  company can make it work over time.

While I tend to agree with you the size of the company isn't the main factor, nor is age.  Case in point: If you went back 20 years ago and ask a woodworker that was rather aware of the industry as a whole a question about 3 companies:

In 20 years of Delta, General, and Laguna which one of these will be dead, which one will be on death's door and which one will be thriving with 200+ stocking dealers in the US?   I doubt many people would have picked little Laguna to be the one thriving.  

I didn't study their whole line (plus I am a bandsaw geek) the Italian built Centauro saws are basically the best you can buy and CWI may be a much better was to get them in Canada than SCM.  I don't know if they are getting any traction with those saws in Canada but Torben built Laguna on the back of ACM, Meber et al built bandsaws.