Frank Klausz' Workshop for Sale
(09-18-2018, 07:57 AM)Admiral Wrote: $895k.  But you have to buy the house too!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5-Ram...6863_zpid/

Actually, in that neighborhood, that is not an outrageous price; it directly borders on a 500 acre estate previously owned by the king of Morocco that has been turned into a county-owned park.  Very nice area.

I hope Frank is in good health and just wants to move. Seems like he just built that shop.
(09-18-2018, 07:14 PM)Mark A Smith Wrote: I hope Frank is in good health and just wants to move. 

What he said. 
Sad  Frank is one of my woodworking heroes.
(09-18-2018, 05:29 PM)SteveS Wrote: And you just need to live in the hell hole of NJ and all the outrageous taxes and lack of gun rights. Other than that it's perfect!
Rolleyes

Why the need to disparage the state of New Jersey for it's tax rate and strong gun laws in a post about Frank Klausz' house. Why do the moderators permit this to be in the Woodworking forum? Don't we have an Off Topic forum where people are allowed to post their political views? Could this be a reason Woodnet has seen a decrease in members participation in forum topics?
(09-19-2018, 11:26 AM)JSpill Wrote: Why the need to disparage the state of New Jersey for it's tax rate and strong gun laws in a post about Frank Klausz' house. Why do the moderators permit this to be in the Woodworking forum? Don't we have an Off Topic forum where people are allowed to post their political views? Could this be a reason Woodnet has seen a decrease in members participation in forum topics?

He has an opinion which obviously you don't like. After all, he did say it was perfect. 

That is not the reason.

They wouldn't let me buy it. I'd have that shop turned into a real shop in no time.
Laugh
I live in New Jersey, and i wasn't offended, as he was spot on.  But I'm pretty sure it was tongue in cheek rather than a political post.

Maybe your man bun is too tight, i recommend taking one of your xanax and go to your safe space.  
Big Grin
Big Grin

In case you couldn't tell, that was all a joke, not  political, and not a direct attack.  I was making light of something before it becomes something.  People been tense around here lately.
Semper Fi,

Barry
(09-19-2018, 08:10 PM)Barry Johnson Wrote: In case you couldn't tell, that was all a joke, not  political, and not a direct attack. 

It is sometimes hard to tell if someone is joking or not, because we can't see their facial expression and hear their actual voice.  If I mean to joke or cast a sarcasm on a forum, I try to add a simile where applicable.

In this day and age, anything can be interpreted or misinterpreted as being political or politically incorrect. Even using a "he or she" can be considered not inclusive enough by some.

Simon
(09-19-2018, 11:26 AM)JSpill Wrote: Why the need to disparage the state of New Jersey for it's tax rate and strong gun laws in a post about Frank Klausz' house. Why do the moderators permit this to be in the Woodworking forum? Don't we have an Off Topic forum where people are allowed to post their political views? Could this be a reason Woodnet has seen a decrease in members participation in forum topics?

Taxes are part of owning a house, and the link did provide the cost of the house.  I'm surprised that the tax information isn't available.  But a similarly priced nearby house has yearly property taxes of almost $15,000.

Beautiful house, beautiful shop.  And it seems to be in a beautiful neighborhood.
Who built all the nice looking furniture in the house?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
The furniture is from Ikea.
I’d like to setup my stereo in his shop and give it a listen. It looks like the shape is somewhat circular with a vaulted ceiling, so may not get much in the way of bass standing waves.