Frank Klausz' Workshop for Sale
(09-23-2018, 08:03 AM)camp10 Wrote: Taxes are part of owning a house, and the link did provide the cost of the house.  I'm surprised that the tax information isn't available.  But a similarly priced nearby house has yearly property taxes of almost $15,000.

Beautiful house, beautiful shop.  And it seems to be in a beautiful neighborhood.
 Generally around here the agent will have the tax information, and I think that $15k is fairly accurate.  And it is in an excellent location; that part of NJ is semi rural, with hills, wooded areas, meadows and horses and all that has a lot to do with zoning, which is strict.  Its not a part of NJ that visitors generally see.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-23-2018, 09:47 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: I’d like to setup my stereo in his shop and give it a listen. It looks like the shape is somewhat circular with a vaulted ceiling, so may not get much in the way of bass standing waves.

In the video tour, I think he said it was an old concrete cistern that was quite rundown.
(09-23-2018, 11:44 AM)Admiral Wrote: In the video tour, I think he said it was an old concrete cistern that was quite rundown.

I haven't watched the tour, I thought it was purpose built.

I'll go watch the tour.

You think my boss will give me a raise to afford that mortgage payment? 
Laugh
That's just to own the property...
Who needs to eat anyway?
Slap
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(09-23-2018, 03:20 PM)alanealane Wrote: You think my boss will give me a raise to afford that mortgage payment? 
Laugh
Who needs to eat anyway?
Slap

If you had Klausz's shop, why did you still want your current job?

Live your furniture maker dream and earn your living working in your new shop!
Big Grin
Laugh
Winkgrin
Yes

Simon

Come to think of it, isn't it sad that most woodworkers don't have a steady income of $3,686/m?
Sigh I know a couple of guys who have a second job to support their woodworking occupation.
(09-23-2018, 03:20 PM)alanealane Wrote: You think my boss will give me a raise to afford that mortgage payment? 
Laugh
Who needs to eat anyway?
Slap

Well, you COULD just pay cash!!!!  
Laugh
Laugh
I'll have to ask my uncle Thurston Howell III for some "walking around money"
Please tell me you got the Gilligan reference
Winkgrin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]