Benchtop spindle sander
(09-21-2018, 04:33 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Jim,
I think they're all the same just different paint color.  Home Depot has their spindle sander at $104.

Lonnie

I'll look into them at the beginning of the month.  I want to work on a couple spaulted knives.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(09-19-2018, 10:22 PM)EdL Wrote: Keep a lookout for a used Clayton.....

Ed

I found a used clayton, blows the jet out of the water.
but as someone said it is no longer cheap.
Had one and sold it to a fellow Woodnetter and have not missed it. I use a drum sander on the drill press if and when I need it. Eliminated an item from the shop that was just taking up room.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

My little Wilton brand oss has at least 200 hours on it. Had to open it up and lube the oscillating pulleys once when the original grease dried up. Other than that it's a champ. I think Ryobi made an identical one. Not sure if there's a comparable model being made. Mines the one with the MDF top covered in white laminate.
Edit: just saw the grizzly G0538 looks exactly like my Wilton oss
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
I bought the Harbor Freight one that looks just like the Wen and only paid $69 on sale