What kind of gloves do you wear for handling wood?
It seems like I go through gloves pretty quickly.  I need to wear them because of a childhood accident and I like the ones with some grip (because my grip strength isn't the best) to them but those gloves don't seem to have much durability.

Any suggestions?
Mostly the common old work glove available at HF. Package of 5-6 for $6.00??
A package will last me a year or so, handling firewood, rough lumber, etc.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The closest ones.
Smile 

Mostly I wear these.

[Image: yellows-golds-work-gloves-5510-16-64_1000.jpg]

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Grip-Ni.../203423243

$1.00 each (you need to by a pack of 10).  They don't last long, but they fit snug to my hand and they fit nicely in my cargo pocket.  My hands do sweat when I wear them.

I also wear the white cotton canvas gloves some, but like I said, only when they are laying close by.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(09-19-2018, 07:11 PM)iublue Wrote: It seems like I go through gloves pretty quickly.  I need to wear them because of a childhood accident and I like the ones with some grip (because my grip strength isn't the best) to them but those gloves don't seem to have much durability.

Any suggestions?

I'd think it would depend on the state of the lumber, what you are doing, and the environment.

For handling/sorting through rough lumber, heavy gloves are fine (although I prefer a medium-weight glove like a mechanics glove or a dipped gardening glove)

But I wouldn't like to lose dexterity when doing later work.  And I wouldn't like extra heat on a warm day.
If you ever watch Ishitani's videos, you'll see that he often wears gloves.  Some of the videos note that he wears them due to atopic dermatitis, but cautions viewers to not wear them when working with rotary machines...

Matt
These.....suprising how long they last. Only downside, your hands sweat.

For winter, I use the flex-therm.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

Pigskin when I need them, the calluses work good otherwise.

For sheet metal, those cheap rubber faced gloves from HF.
I keep pigskin leather work gloves in the truck for when I need to filter through the lumber stack or pick up plywood at the local home center. I would recommend better fitted gloves if you need to wear them for a longer duration or doing finer work. However, I DO NOT recommend wearing gloves while operating any of your power machinery.
(09-20-2018, 12:51 AM)Cian Wrote: I keep pigskin leather work gloves in the truck for when I need to filter through the lumber stack or pick up plywood at the local home center.  I would recommend better fitted gloves if you need to wear them for a longer duration or doing finer work.  However, I DO NOT recommend wearing gloves while operating any of your power machinery.

+1 - I keep a few pairs around the shop. I find that they help a lot when handling rough lumber, not so important with surfaced pieces. The only problem I have with gloves is that the left had gloves keep running off with each other - must be a political thing 
Big Grin .
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
I use these el cheapos.....less than $1/pair, sold by the dozen. They hold up surprisingly well and have great grip.

Amazon
I got a pair of ACE branded work gloves at the beginning of the season. They had them on sale for $2.99. They have been great for everything. They fit snugly but not too tight so you don't get blisters from the glove rubbing your hand and they are reinforced in the fingers/palms. (I don't work for ACE in case you're wondering) 

Ace Men's Indoor/Outdoor Synthetic Leather Utility Work Gloves Black/Gray