360 Woodworking still in existence?
The 360woodworking.com link seems to be dead, which I have not visited for a year, if not longer. Has that woodworking business come to an end?

It was a venture started by the previous editors of Popular Woodworking (Chuck Bender, Glen Huey and another fellow whose name just escaped me), after they left the magazine (and that was also the turning point when the magazine started losing its appeal to a lot of its readers).

Simon
This is what I get. Must be dead.

Server not found

Firefox can’t find the server at 360woodworking.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-20-2018, 06:35 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The 360woodworking.com link seems to be dead, which I have not visited for a year, if not longer. Has that woodworking business come to an end?

It was a venture started by the previous editors of Popular Woodworking (Chuck Bender, Glen Huey and another fellow whose name just escaped me), after they left the magazine (and that was also the turning point when the magazine started losing its appeal to a lot of its readers).

Simon

Bob Lang.... Looks gone. I wish them well whatever they're doing. They're upstanding guys.
(09-20-2018, 07:04 PM)mvflaim Wrote: Bob Lang.... Looks gone. I wish them well whatever they're doing. They're upstanding guys.

Thanks. Bob Lang was one of them.

I just received an unverified note from another forum member that he heard that Glen is returning to PW as its managing editor. I couldn't find that info. on the PW website though.

I met Chuck when he was still with 360 Woodworking. He has built an impressive amount of heirloom quality furniture (in hundreds) before he moved to PW. I think he runs some classes in his own shop, but am not sure if custom furniture making is still something he does on a regular basis.

Simon
I was a paid member of the 360 site and I got an email a couple of months ago that all memberships would end and the site would close on September 15. I've delete the email, but I recall something to the effect that Chuck said he was stepping away from the woodworking business.
(09-20-2018, 07:36 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: I was a paid member of the 360 site and I got an email a couple of months ago that all memberships would end and the site would close on September 15. I've delete the email, but I recall something to the effect that Chuck said he was stepping away from the woodworking business.

Your words are official then about the site. I think it would be Glen who sent out the notice...as Chuck and Bob left the 360 venture long before.

Simon
Correct, my mistake as I meant to say Glen.
Too bad, they were all stand up guys, loved their and thoroughly knew their craft. I have multiple books from Lang and one from Glen. All are worth searching out. My favorite furniture style is Craftsmen, so My interest is more Lang.

If Glen returns to PWW, that will bode well for the mag.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(09-20-2018, 06:35 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The 360woodworking.com link seems to be dead, which I have not visited for a year, if not longer. Has that woodworking business come to an end?

Simon

Chuck Bender moved back to PA.  He seems to be getting back into his old groove.  He will be doing classes at his shop.  I just happen to go his website this week.
(09-20-2018, 07:24 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Thanks. Bob Lang was one of them.

I just received an unverified note from another forum member that he heard that Glen is returning to PW as its managing editor. I couldn't find that info. on the PW website though.

I met Chuck when he was still with 360 Woodworking. He has built an impressive amount of heirloom quality furniture (in hundreds) before he moved to PW. I think he runs some classes in his own shop, but am not sure if custom furniture making is still something he does on a regular basis.

Simon

If Glen is returning to PWW, I look forward to it.