Selling of Roses is done for this year. Will go again in Feb and May
darn, not even close to $15 an hour?

beautiful work.
Ariln,
I sent a reply to your PM. Thanks!!
earl
(09-24-2018, 10:26 AM)sniper Wrote: Arlin, how long are the stems?  I may try turning a vase for mine this week.

Sniper

I make mine 8" deep.  The stems are 12" and are trimmed by cutting off the metal at different lengths to make them look like a great arrangement.  I also send with all of them a 14" long piece of rice grass which is fake and can gently curl the leaves to give them a curl look or leave them.

Also thank you everyone for the nice comments.

So far we are about $650 in sales and hope to still make the $1500.  Part of it will go to pay for the Non Profit 5101c3 so we can set up shop the City told us they will give us a building once we have it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-20-2018, 06:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I sold 20 dozen or so two years ago with vases as an option.

I need about $1500 in tools and other things for teaching the vets so I thought I would try it again this year.

I have about 18 dozen slowly made the last 20 months and will show pictures of what I have if anyone wishes.

The price was $10 each but I will sell them for less this year for around $7 each and they cost $2.25 to make each one and takes an hour and ten minutes for each one.

Let me know what you think Please.

I'd buy my wife a dozen of these but then she'd wonder why I didn't make them myself, being a woodworker and all. 

interested in a $$ contribution for "how to"?  

probably not.. I have no interest in doing what you're doing (making lots and selling to others) but I'd love to help your cause AND make my wife a vase full of them.
(09-24-2018, 06:58 PM)mound Wrote: I'd buy my wife a dozen of these but then she'd wonder why I didn't make them myself, being a woodworker and all. 

interested in a $$ contribution for "how to"?  

probably not.. I have no interest in doing what you're doing (making lots and selling to others) but I'd love to help your cause AND make my wife a vase full of them.

I will give you the advice for free and even a rose I messed up.  It is a LONG learning process and even now after making 400+ it still takes me 1 hour and 20 minutes and $2.20 or around there to buy the resources.

You let me know and I will mail a defect on out to you by sending me a pm.  The beginning investment in colors and tools and wood is about $275 or so and that was 4 years ago.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I am totally out of #1 and #3 roses and if anyone would like a nice choice then get the #8 or any of the othes.

I am also out of #1 Red Roses and will have to make more and that is a long process and not going to make this sale

Sorry for anyone that will want them now.

Could you pleas make another choice then the two.  It seems I made to many Pink, Blue, Purple, Green, and Violet.

I do have quite a few of the Natural ones or #11

Thank you everyone for the help

Arlin--mine arrived today, amazing to look at in person!! Thanks so much for the quick turn-around and a HUGE thanks to your Wife for getting them to the Post Office on Monday!!
earl
(09-26-2018, 05:44 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Arlin--mine arrived today, amazing to look at in person!! Thanks so much for the quick turn-around and a HUGE thanks to your Wife for getting them to the Post Office on Monday!!
earl

+1 Was very surprised they got here today, thank you. They look great.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(09-26-2018, 06:20 PM)sniper Wrote: +1  Was very surprised they got here today, thank you.  They look great.

Thanks guys.  She just gave me the tracking numbers.  Go figure my sweetheart.
Laugh

I had to order more boxes and packing bubbles to.

To let everyone know

**************************************************************************************
                                                                                                                                                     *
I made my first purchase yesterday for us and it felt so good just getting part of what we need               *
                                                                                                                                                      *
Thank you so much                                                                                                                          *
                                                                                                                                                      *
****************************************************************************************

Also to let everyone know this   OCT 1st

I will be having a sale on the following Numbers since I have not sold any and well we need the funds and I do
not need them sitting around.

#5, #6, #7, #10, and #11 What I do not have listed and forgot about is an Orange one I call Pumpkin which I will also make a sale of.

The sale is $5.00 each.        *  Amount corrected since I fat fingered the $5 to a $4.  Everyone who has ordered at the $4 amount will get the roses for that amount.  My fault!                *

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support on this.