Bunk beds just about done...now I need bed bolt covers
I'm about 90% done with the bunk beds and now I need to buy some bed bolt covers.  Since they're bunk beds (well, not in the true sense of the word...you can't separate the upper from the lower), I'll need 16 bed bolt covers.  I checked Rockler and Amazon and the cheapest I saw was $7.99/ea....Yikes!  This is for a kids bedroom so I don't need anything too fancy-schmancy.

Gotta a source that has reasonable prices on these?

(I'll check LV next, but I doubt they'll be any cheaper).

thanks!
Dumber than I appear
ok, Horton Brasses are a little more reasonable.  Got any other sources.
Dumber than I appear
Check eBay? Saw several posts there, some used, some new. No one had 16 but several posts looked like they had the same ones.
(09-21-2018, 08:53 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: ok, Horton Brasses are a little more reasonable.  Got any other sources.

Maybe plug the holes rather than cover them? They are probably a standard dowel diameter. That would make an end grain plug, but would be cheap. Our you might find a plug cutter for the diameter you need and make face grain plugs.
Van Dyke Restorers has them a little cheaper. https://search.vandykes.com/search?w=bed%20bolts
How about using 50 cent pieces? Drill a small hole near the edge for a small screw or a ring nail.
Big Grin
Mark,

I can't plug the holes as I need to be able to take it apart to be able to move it...eventually
Dumber than I appear
(09-21-2018, 11:32 AM)DaveR1 Wrote: How about using 50 cent pieces?

How much are they?  
Big Grin
Big Grin
(09-21-2018, 03:01 PM)Cdshakes Wrote: How much are they?  
Big Grin
Big Grin

Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-21-2018, 03:01 PM)Cdshakes Wrote: How much are they?  
Big Grin
Big Grin

If you know the right guy, you can get them for 2 bits. :
Big Grin
Big Grin