Which Disston saw is this?
I'm going through a bunch of tools I have around with the plan to cull the herd some, I was looking through my saws last night, and have one that has me a bit stumped.  I think when I got the saw I was thinking it was a Acme 120, but now I'm not sure (I'm really rusty on figuring out saws at this point).  The two medallions thing is throwing me for a loop, though I guess it is possible one of the medallions was just used as a replacement screw.  The teeth are no longer on the saw so that isn't going to give any clues. A quick glance at the Distonian Institute site has me thinking Acme 120 or D-15/155/Victory saws.  Anyone have any idea how I can tell which it is?  (It is possible that there is a etch under all the crap on the blade I haven't cleaned off, but I really don't feel like going through the work at this moment).

[Image: 20180922_2249572.png]
[Image: 20180922_2236382.png]

I wonder if there is a good way to identify the "hollow ground" plate advertised for a Disston 120, with measurements.

The similar Atkins No. 52 described it this way:
.... It is ground five gauges with an extra thin taper back, also slightly hollow, which gives it ample clearance....

Nice saw you have, any way you go!

Chris
Chris
My money says that is a Disston Acme 120. In rather nice shape.

I doubt the top "medallion" screw is original. You may want to gently remove it and see if there is a recess cut in the blade for a standard nut/bolt.

I'll bet you could easily find the etch and all the fancy wording that Acmes' used (on the blade) with just a little cleaning.

http://www.disstonianinstitute.com/acmepage.html

Mark