Where on the internet do you buy your drawer pulls?
Hello all.  I'm an old user, who has recently resumed my woodworking activities.  Some of the older users here may remember me.

I used to go to my local Ace hardware to buy drawer pulls. I have a number of shop made cabinets in my shop for which I used some brass drawer pulls.  I recently finished building an accessory cabinet for my table saw, complete with 10 slim drawers for holding my table saw blades, a shelf for my dado set, and a 3.5" tall drawer for other stuff. There's also a couple of other shelves for my tenoning jig and my Rockler blade cleaning kit.

I needed new pulls for the 11 drawers, so I headed out to the Ace hardware store, only to find that they've apparently changed providers and now they don't have those same pulls any more.  They now carry some other brand and they don't have the style of pull I was using.  They did have some wood knobs, 2 to a package, so I picked up a dozen (6 packages).

When I got them home, I found that they're just too big. The wide part of the knobs are wider than the blade drawers are tall. The drawers about 3/4" tall, but the knobs are about an inch in diameter.  These aren't going to work.

As I said, I've been out of it for a while. I checked Rockler's web site, but the prices were a bit too much for me, and I don't want anything fancy here. The brass pulls I used to use were about 3.5" wide or so, (I think they were) solid brass, and had radiused corners. If I could find some wood knobs that are about half the size of the ones I got at the hardware store, I'd be happy.

Thanks all.
"The art of leadership is to work with the natural grain of the particular wood of humanity which comes to hand."

John Adair

My woodworking blog: Tony's Woodshop
I have gotten hardware from Lee Valley and from Van Dyke's Restorers. I have been happy with both.
Our town has a "Restore" run by Habitat for Humanity - bins of knobs and pulls about 10 cents - lots of brass
Try googling Nice Knobs. They have a good selection.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have used lee valley, woodcraft, rockler, and I too have found new in the bag hardware at the Restore Store.  Tina goes in any time she has a few minutes to spare.  New stuff is always coming in.  She found about thirty heavy brass hinges in three different sizes, new in the packages, for fifty cents each.  We didn't need them then, but she bought them all.  We have used about half so far.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(09-23-2018, 11:27 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Try googling Nice Knobs. They have a good selection.

I like Nice Knobs, A&H Turf, and sometimes CSHardware.
Have you checked Amazon ?  I also use CSHardware.    If you have a Menards in your area they also have a large selection.  Do you know what brand you are trying to match ?   Roly
On a visit to my local habitat for humanity restore I found some
very nice and still new in the package brass knobs. Don't go there
often but when I do, it is usually worth a look.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(09-23-2018, 11:27 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Try googling Nice Knobs. They have a good selection.

They are good for lots of different styles of knobs.  I have found they are not as well sanded or finish ready as advertised but this is quick work if you chuck them in a drill press and run the fine grits.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Kennedy Hardware and Gerstner Hardware carry very small brass knobs.  This 3/8" knob would probably work for you.

I buy utility grade hardware from Home Depot or Lowes.

I get other hardware such as drawer slides, etc. for better grade cabinety from either Woodworkers Hardware or CS Hardware.

I've bought some hardware at Lee Valley some ok some pretty cheaply made.

Anything brass for a nice project I go straight to Horton Brasses.