SawStop Folding Outfeed Table
(09-27-2018, 01:18 PM)Tapper Wrote: Nice and clean installation. I'm a little confused - does Woodcraft still sell the product in the link for $395? Looks like it's actually a Sawstop product, as they mention the return policy to Sawstop. Do you have a separate fence for your setup?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I'm not sure whether the Woodcraft model is a SawSop product. It looks like it, but on SawStop's web site, their router table extension is more expensive than the Woodcraft model. The woodcraft price is close to what I paid for my Bench Dog table extension.

My fence is a Bench Dog fence - the one they sold with the router table. I bought mine before Rockler acquired Bench Dog. I'm not sure what their Router table extension and fence looks like today. I have mine rigged up so I can piggy-back on the dust collection hose on my Excalibur table saw guard. It also has a very effective below-the-table dust collection apparatus. Together they capture 99% of the dust and chips from the router table operation.

[Image: 39624237992_142a15572f_c.jpg]IMG_0169 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
(09-27-2018, 06:03 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Doug,

I'm not sure whether the Woodcraft model is a SawSop product. It looks like it, but on SawStop's web site, their router table extension is more expensive than the Woodcraft model. The woodcraft price is close to what I paid for my Bench Dog table extension.

My fence is a Bench Dog fence - the one they sold with the router table. I bought mine before Rockler acquired Bench Dog. I'm not sure what their Router table extension and fence looks like today. I have mine rigged up so I can piggy-back on the dust collection hose on my Excalibur table saw guard. It also has a very effective below-the-table dust collection apparatus. Together they capture 99% of the dust and chips from the router table operation.

[Image: 39624237992_142a15572f_c.jpg]IMG_0169 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. Your setup seems very practical and easy to use; I like the LH side installation as opposed to the right. That Excalibur DC hookup with the light is the "cat's meow!" Is that a quick disconnect you have from it to the router table fence?

How do you think the Excalibur compares to the overarm unit SS sells? Also, if you have any shots of the rear of the Excalibur, would be interested in that view.

Thanks,

Doug
Tapper - in your post you mention that you have a PCS. The PCS has the access door on the left hand side. Hank's setup looks like it's an ICS with the access door on the right.
With a PCS if you put the router table on the left and you have a lift and/or a dust collection box on the router table it is going to interfere with the saw door. If you use a Dado stack and are swapping cartridge's would not be fun. You might even have to pull the lift and/or dust box to do it at all. 
I'll take some measurements and let you know.
(09-28-2018, 10:01 AM)Tapper Wrote: Hi Hank,

Thanks for the info. Your setup seems very practical and easy to use; I like the LH side installation as opposed to the right. That Excalibur DC hookup with the light is the "cat's meow!" Is that a quick disconnect you have from it to the router table fence?

How do you think the Excalibur compares to the overarm unit SS sells? Also, if you have any shots of the rear of the Excalibur, would be interested in that view.

Thanks,

Doug

Tapper,

I think we've hijacked the OP's thread.

My SawStop is pushed against the wall on the right side, so a left hand installation was necessary. It works very will for me. My Excalibur is mounted with a ceiling mount instead of the big pipe mount that everybody is familiar with. Excalibur sells a ceiling mount, but you have to look for it. It's not prominent on their web site. It suited me better than the pipe mount. I fabricated the mount for the DC and the blade guard. it allows some side-to side adjustment and the light is attached to it. The long gooseneck on the light reaches the router table. The DC hose is the one that runs to the TS blade guard. It is secured to the guard with a "keyed" hose clamp that is easy to disconnect. (http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...62614&ap=1 ) I simply remove it from the blade guard and attach it to my router table fence with a short length of spiral DC hose a. It takes maybe 15 seconds to make the transition. I've never used the DC/blade guard that came with my SawStop, so I can't give you a comparison. I've been very satisfied with the Excalibur.

I'm not at home at the moment. I will return Monday and I will take some photos of the entire set-up, if you like, and send them to you.

Hank

P.S. Ridgeline is correct. My SawStop is the ICS model with the access door on the right side of the cabinet, so my router lift doesn't interfere with it. All the crap I have piled on the floor under the table extension interferes with it, but the router lift doesn't
(09-28-2018, 11:32 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Tapper,

I think we've hijacked the OP's thread.

My SawStop is pushed against the wall on the right side, so a left hand installation was necessary. It works very will for me. My Excalibur is mounted with a ceiling mount instead of the big pipe mount that everybody is familiar with. Excalibur sells a ceiling mount, but you have to look for it. It's not prominent on their web site. It suited me better than the pipe mount. I fabricated the mount for the DC and the blade guard. it allows some side-to side adjustment and the light is attached to it. The long gooseneck on the light reaches the router table. The DC hose is the one that runs to the TS blade guard. It is secured to the guard with a "keyed" hose clamp that is easy to disconnect. (http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...62614&ap=1 ) I simply remove it from the blade guard and attach it to my router table fence with a short length of spiral DC hose a. It takes maybe 15 seconds to make the transition. I've never used the DC/blade guard that came with my SawStop, so I can't give you a comparison. I've been very satisfied with the Excalibur.

I'm not at home at the moment. I will return Monday and I will take some photos of the entire set-up, if you like, and send them to you.

Hank

Hi Hank,

My apologies to the OP if I've overstepped the boundaries of his post - no intrusion intended. 

Thanks for the information - it helps. If you'd like to send the additional pics to me directly I'll send you my e-mail address via PM. 

Thanks again,

Doug
(09-28-2018, 11:26 AM)ridgeline Wrote: Tapper - in your post you mention that you have a PCS. The PCS has the access door on the left hand side. Hank's setup looks like it's an ICS with the access door on the right.
With a PCS if you put the router table on the left and you have a lift and/or a dust collection box on the router table it is going to interfere with the saw door. If you use a Dado stack and are swapping cartridge's would not be fun. You might even have to pull the lift and/or dust box to do it at all. 
I'll take some measurements and let you know.

Makes good sense. Noticed the difference on the ICS but did not factor it in to this installation. Thanks for the measurements.

Doug
(09-28-2018, 11:40 AM)Tapper Wrote: Hi Hank,

My apologies to the OP if I've overstepped the boundaries of his post - no intrusion intended. 

Thanks for the information - it helps. If you'd like to send the additional pics to me directly I'll send you my e-mail address via PM. 

Thanks again,

Doug

I"ll be happy to send you photos and any other information that would be helpful. BTW, I was in my SawStop dealer's showroom early this week. They had one of SawStop's router table extensions mounted on a PCS. If I recall correctly it was mounted to the left hand CI extension wing - not in place of the wing as is the case with my saw. It made for a pretty wide table, but it gave you the left hand mount you asked about.