Rare Nagahiro Tokyo Japanese chisel set new. Located in Germany
Politics 

For sale is a new rare set of chisels made by Nagahiro who is the blacksmith name for Tanaka Ichirou and he produces "Osahiro" brand chisels. He is now retired and was contemporary with Kiyotada and Ichihiro who are all legends for producing very hard white steel#1 chisels. Together these blacksmiths were apart of the tokyo guild and all have similar heat treatments which produced these very hard steel chisels. Ichihiro can be found in Japan for 6-8k usd while I have seen Kiyotada in the 3-4k range. Nagahiro are just as well made. It is said that these blacksmiths had access to very high quality steel that just cannot be found anymore and now you have many blacksmiths making a softer chisel compared to them.
The set is made up of sizes 42mm,36mm,30mm,21mm,18mm,15mm,12mm,9mm,6mm,3mm and comes with a paulownia box and beautiful red oak handles.  These are *new and have been sitting for quite some time....
*the 6mm has been sharpened but other than that the rest remain unused
Please contact me at breathingunderwater@hushmail.com
Price is 2500usd/obo plus shipping. Free local pickups near Stuttgart, Germany
(09-26-2018, 02:04 AM)colortones Wrote: For sale is a new rare set of chisels made by Nagahiro who is the blacksmith name for Tanaka Ichirou and he produces "Osahiro" brand chisels. He is now retired and was contemporary with Kiyotada and Ichihiro who are all legends for producing very hard white steel#1 chisels. Together these blacksmiths were apart of the tokyo guild and all have similar heat treatments which produced these very hard steel chisels. Ichihiro can be found in Japan for 6-8k usd while I have seen Kiyotada in the 3-4k range. Nagahiro are just as well made. It is said that these blacksmiths had access to very high quality steel that just cannot be found anymore and now you have many blacksmiths making a softer chisel compared to them.
The set is made up of sizes 42mm,36mm,30mm,21mm,18mm,15mm,12mm,9mm,6mm,3mm and comes with a paulownia box and beautiful red oak handles.  These are *new and have been sitting for quite some time....
*the 6mm has been sharpened but other than that the rest remain unused
Please contact me at breathingunderwater@hushmail.com
Price is 2500usd/obo plus shipping. Free local pickups near Stuttgart, Germany

Very nice!