Water line for fridge
(09-26-2018, 11:54 PM)JosephP Wrote: It is finished.

Only 1 trip to the store (well, went to 2 stores, but both before starting).

I did end up with the Sharkbite tee into PEX into a Sharkbite ice maker outlet which has a shutoff valve.

Thanks all!

Hardest part:  peeling the refrigerator off of the wall where it stuck to the paint.
I think somewhere in the instructions that came with that fridge there were minimum recommended clearances. I've never seen any that were negative numbers!
No
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
put a filter on it and make sure the filter is in an accessible location.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
(10-17-2018, 11:28 AM)Patsfan Wrote: put a filter on it and make sure the filter is in an accessible location.

On the line?  There is already one in the fridge...
(10-17-2018, 08:37 PM)JosephP Wrote: On the line?  There is already one in the fridge...

Depending on how often your filter needs to be changed it could worth it to put an addition filter before it. They're larger and less expensive than the one in the fridge. I should have mentioned earlier that I usually, or almost always, supply the dishwasher and fridge from under the kitchen sink. If there happens to be a leak in the kitchen, that's the first place most people will look for a shut-off. If the kitchen has a spout for filtered water, the same filter(s) will service the fridge as a pre-filter.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"