Metric drill bit recommendations
Recommendations for a set of metric brad and twist bits.
I have found Lee Valley's HSS brad point bits to be excellent. They have metric sizes.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...,180,42240

Unfortunately, Lee Valley does not offer their twist drills in metric sizes. I usually buy my twist drills from MSC Industrial supply. They have a dizzying assortment of drill bits of all kinds and sizes.
For the brad points, I'd get these -

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...,180,42240

I have the set of imperial ones and they work great.  I don't have their twist bits, but I'd probably go with Lee Valley, too.  The set of twist bits I have are Makita and they're okay.  I'm not too fussy about twist bits and use them mostly for rough work.  If I want to do a neat job of it I used the brad points and the LV ones cut a nice clean hole with little if any chipping.

Phil
Hmmm - In that case I probably would go with a different maker for the metric twist bits.
Rolleyes
Go ahead and call Lee Valley before you give up. They just might sell metric bits but only offer them on their Canadian or International sites. The sets they offer to the US customers were made in the US, so it makes sense they were Imperial. It's worth a try.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(09-26-2018, 09:53 AM)Juss1 Wrote: Recommendations for a set of metric brad and twist bits.

Any metal working supply house like Travers, McMaster Carr, Wholesale Tools etc carries metric drills.  I buy Cleveland drills that are owned by Greenfield Industries.
These are top of the line drills at reasonable prices. You can get them today on Amazon for $89.00. I paid a lot more two years ago for the same set.
CLE-MAX  C71000    25piece jobber length  from 1mm/13mm.

mike
(09-27-2018, 01:04 AM)mike4244 Wrote: Any metal working supply house like Travers, McMaster Carr, Wholesale Tools etc carries metric drills.  I buy Cleveland drills that are owned by Greenfield Industries.
These are top of the line drills at reasonable prices. You can get them today on Amazon for $89.00. I paid a lot more two years ago for the same set.
CLE-MAX  C71000    25piece jobber length  from 1mm/13mm.

mike

This.  McMaster Carr is a good source for a lot of things.

Have some older sets of Cleveland bits at work,  good quality.  Replaced a few smaller sizes and newer bits seem good too.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin