super glue
The most effective solvent for removing cured superglue is nitromethane.  Lee Valley sells it as "Super Solvent."  There are other brands and sources as well; google "cyanoacrylate debonder."
(09-28-2018, 08:36 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
+1

+2......Dad
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I always had problems with an opened tube of super glue. Seemed like one use tube, next time I go to use it nothing comes out or the tube is rock hard.
I found by accident how to prevent this. After using some glue, unscrew the nozzle and blow the remaining glue out with compressed air. This cleans the nozzle, put it back and screw the cap on. You will be able to use all the glue in the tube no matter how often use it til it is completely gone.
One note of caution, DO NOT blow out the nozzle while it is screwed on the tube. The first time I did this the tube exploded in my hand. I had  a jar of acetone near me .
Good thing I did.

mike
(10-04-2018, 08:01 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I always had problems with an opened tube of super glue. Seemed like one use tube, next time I go to use it nothing comes out or the tube is rock hard.
I found by accident how to prevent this. After using some glue, unscrew the nozzle and blow the remaining glue out with compressed air. This cleans the nozzle, put it back and screw the cap on. You will be able to use all the glue in the tube no matter how often use it til it is completely gone.
One note of caution, DO NOT blow out the nozzle while it is screwed on the tube. The first time I did this the tube exploded in my hand. I had  a jar of acetone near me .
Good thing I did.

mike

Ha! That reminds me of a near disaster I had in my shop. I was trying to glue something with super glue (can't remember what it was). I had left the tube open for a couple of minutes while I was putzing around with the workpiece. When I tried to apply the glue, the nozzle was blocked up I squeezed a little harder and nothing happened, so I squeezed even harder. The blockage released suddenly and I squirted super glue all over my hand and my bench, effectively gluing my hand solidly to my bench. Fortunately, I had a tube of debonder within reach. I grabbed it and flooded my hand and the bench with it. Slowly, I was able to work my hand free. I managed to escape with some blisters (super glue cures with an exothermic reaction - it gets real hot) and a few patches of lost skin. I consider myself lucky - stupid maybe, but lucky.
If it was hot glue, it'd be a very simple fix.
Try alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)
Ad for Woodworking
Woodworking Tips & Books

There's no place like home. Especially after you made it yourself.
(09-27-2018, 10:39 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Acetone, finger nail polish remover is Acetone.
mike

This however if it is plastic it will craze or ruin it.

(09-28-2018, 08:25 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: What about a single edge razor?

This to but be careful of scratching by pressing to hard.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-04-2018, 08:01 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I always had problems with an opened tube of super glue. Seemed like one use tube, next time I go to use it nothing comes out or the tube is rock hard.
Good thing I did.

mike

I keep my super glue in a ziplock bag in the freezer, I don't remember where I got this tip but I have some that is 10+ yrs old and still flows and works like new.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
(10-08-2018, 06:40 AM)splinter7612 Wrote: I keep my super glue in a ziplock bag in the freezer, I don't remember where I got this tip but I have some that is 10+ yrs old and still flows and works like new.

Never heard of that before, but I just finally found a use for that tiny, tiny freezer in the dorm fridge I use for water, juice, and soda in the workshop. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.