Cutting board question
Yesterday while putzing around in the kitchen I noticed that my cutting board was starting to show some wear. Imagine my disappointment since I've only been using it for the last 34 years...
Crazy

So, I started browsing and found one I'd like to replace it with. I was also thinking I'd like to make this one myself (I bought the current one when I got out of the Navy...). I could probably figure out how it was made, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has, or knows where I can find, the plans for this? 

Why re-invent the wheel, right?
Winkgrin

Thanks, guys!
Dave

Attached Files Image(s)

"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Just Google 3D cutting board on Youtube.  There are plenty of them.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Thanks, Herb!

I can't believe I didn't think of that...
Sarcasm
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Are you sure you want to get visually disoriented and cut your thumb off? 
Big Grin
Lumberjocks.com has many versions of this.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thanks, Guys!
Big Grin

And thanks for thinkin' I have a knife sharp enough to remove a thumb...
Winkgrin

Dave
(09-30-2018, 10:37 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Are you sure you want to get visually disoriented and cut your thumb off? 
Big Grin

Always been my concern on those types of cutting boards, not a good place for a visual distraction.

Ed
While I don't know if that would present a visual distraction, you might find that it's a bit "loud" and it really doesn't go well in many kitchens. 

If you want a challenge, consider a cutting board with curved inlays. They aren't actually inlays and go all the way through, but it will let you practice some bandsaw and router skills as well.

The 3D cutting board is just a lot of table sawing. The angles are all 60 degrees (I think) and it's a bunch of cutting, gluing, ripping, and repeating.
Heck out mtm wood. https://www.youtube.com/user/mtmwood
Cool design for sure but I’d be afraid of cutting my fingers off using a board like this. I like to relax when I cook. End grain maple is about as crazy as I get.