Walnut and Cherry in North Central Indiana
Is there anyone in the north central Indiana area that would be interested in any walnut and cherry.  A friend is liquidating his fathers wood.

The walnut that I saw is what I would call a #1 common.  There are some wide boards (12" or so) and the ones I inspected had some clear sections.

The cherry is maybe nicer but the person who sawed it cut it too thin so maybe you could get 5/8" out of it but more likely 1/2 or 9/16.

I have informed my friend of the limitations of the lumber so I would expect the price to be around $2 a board foot for the walnut and $1 a board foot for the cherry.

Just as a guestimate, I would say that there was 120-150 board feet of walnut and a little more than that of cherry.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will contact my friend.  I can also get more specifics on the amounts of each.
(09-30-2018, 06:14 PM)iublue Wrote: Is there anyone in the north central Indiana area that would be interested in any walnut and cherry.  A friend is liquidating his fathers wood.

The walnut that I saw is what I would call a #1 common.  There are some wide boards (12" or so) and the ones I inspected had some clear sections.

The cherry is maybe nicer but the person who sawed it cut it too thin so maybe you could get 5/8" out of it but more likely 1/2 or 9/16.

I have informed my friend of the limitations of the lumber so I would expect the price to be around $2 a board foot for the walnut and $1 a board foot for the cherry.

Just as a guestimate, I would say that there was 120-150 board feet of walnut and a little more than that of cherry.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will contact my friend.  I can also get more specifics on the amounts of each.

Where is this located? I am in Kokomo and could possibly be interested in it.
(09-30-2018, 07:00 PM)mgbgt Wrote: Where is this located? I am in Kokomo and could possibly be interested in it.

Just north of Kokomo.  Just outside of Galveston.
(09-30-2018, 07:54 PM)iublue Wrote: Just north of Kokomo.  Just outside of Galveston.

I am interested in a few boards or the walnut. If you can wait till next weekend? I am in Valpo.
(09-30-2018, 08:04 PM)bmich Wrote: I am interested in a few boards or the walnut. If you can wait till next weekend? I am in Valpo.

I will see what transpires.
(09-30-2018, 07:54 PM)iublue Wrote: Just north of Kokomo.  Just outside of Galveston.

I'd like some of the cherry especially if Pick up day could be flexible.
(09-30-2018, 06:14 PM)iublue Wrote: Is there anyone in the north central Indiana area that would be interested in any walnut and cherry.  A friend is liquidating his fathers wood.

So whats the deal with this?  Is your friend willing to sell?
(10-07-2018, 12:19 AM)bmich Wrote: So whats the deal with this?  Is your friend willing to sell?

I sent you a PM.