Anybody familiar with "Senclamps"
Noticed a "Senclamp" gun on local craigslist.  What kind of joints do they make?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(09-30-2018, 07:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Noticed a "Senclamp" gun on local craigslist.  What kind of joints do they make?

Senclamp is a fastener from a pneumatic tool that joins two 45 degree joints together to make a 90 degree angle to form picture frames. I used to work for Senco so I know them first hand. It was a big tool in the industry but I'm not sure if they're still available since Senco has been bought and sold a few times since I left the company.
(09-30-2018, 07:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Noticed a "Senclamp" gun on local craigslist.  What kind of joints do they make?

I think they're sometimes referred to as corrugated fasteners. Here's a source and pics:
https://www.nailgundepot.com/corrugated-fasteners
(10-07-2018, 08:52 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: I think they're sometimes referred to as corrugated fasteners. Here's a source and pics:
https://www.nailgundepot.com/corrugated-fasteners

Yes. Those are/were good guns. I bought a new one in about 96, and used it for around ten years, with only 1 repair, putting a piston bumper in it.
I used it for picture framing. 800-1000 frames per week for several years.

Buying the fasteners is way cheaper if you buy by the case. I think I bought the 10,000 case quanity.
I paid around 400.00 for that gun + fasteners.
Sold it on ebay after I no longer needed it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020