Calling Handi - Nova Drill Press
Ralph,
Do you know what the difference is between the 2018 Nova DVR drill press and the original model?  I know you have provided feedback to Teknatool in the past and thought you might be able to help me out.  I'm about ready to pull the trigger (after I sell my two current DPs) and when I was checking prices tonight I saw the 2018 version listed - at almost $500 over the original version.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lonnie
I just got on Amazon and after some digging it looks like the same drill press but the higher priced version includes an led light and a plastic gauge!  I can do better for that kind of money.

Lonnie
1349 - 58000 - Nova Voyager
1819 - 58005 - Nova Voyager bundle
1849 - 83800 - Nova Vulcan (metal working) - 

I'd recommend contacting Nova to find out what changes there are in the 58005.
The bundled items (gauge and lamp) don't seem to mkae the difference.

Matthew
(10-01-2018, 09:07 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Ralph,
Do you know what the difference is between the 2018 Nova DVR drill press and the original model?  I know you have provided feedback to Teknatool in the past and thought you might be able to help me out.  I'm about ready to pull the trigger (after I sell my two current DPs) and when I was checking prices tonight I saw the 2018 version listed - at almost $500 over the original version.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Lonnie

I think the original DP price had been an introductory price when it was first introduced.
Eddie - that isn’t correct.

List price is $1499 - only a hundred more than the intro price. Several places are selling it for $1350 which is a deal. Last month had a 200$ rebate.

Only differences I’m aware of is the software.
(10-02-2018, 07:05 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Eddie - that isn’t correct.  

List price is $1499 - only a hundred more than the intro price.    Several places are selling it for $1350 which is a deal.   Last month had a 200$ rebate.

If you waited this long, you might want to go a bit longer and see if they come out with a black friday or holiday promotion.
(10-02-2018, 07:05 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote:  

Note the software is updateable.