Best way to attach stringers to concrete
Im finishing up a lanai project and thought I’d get suggestions on the best way the anchor the bottoms of the stringers to a concrete slab. Of course this is exterior and will get some weather. I think they need to be held off the concrete in some way to avoid moisture uptake from the concrete.
VH07V  
(10-03-2018, 03:03 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Im finishing up a lanai project and thought I’d get suggestions on the best way the anchor the bottoms of the stringers to a concrete slab. Of course this is exterior and will get some weather. I think they need to be held off the concrete in some way to avoid moisture uptake from the concrete.

I have used a standoff post base with a short piece of 4x4 and connectors through the face of the stringer into the side of the 4x4.
That will take care of the two outside stringers but I have two inside as well. Need to see how these can be attached.
VH07V  
(10-03-2018, 03:03 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Im finishing up a lanai project and thought I’d get suggestions on the best way the anchor the bottoms of the stringers to a concrete slab. Of course this is exterior and will get some weather. I think they need to be held off the concrete in some way to avoid moisture uptake from the concrete.

Nail a scrap piece of treated lumber to the bottom of the stringers at each end and several places in between , depending on the length. Then fasten the scrap with fasteners . I use a 16d short nail ( Simpson 1-5/8") or even a regular galvanized 16d nail .Drill a hole thru the wood and concrete at the same time using a 3/16" masonry bit. Make the hole deeper than the nail so dust does not have to be blown out. Cut a piece of tie wire ( re-bar wire) about 4" long. Place wire and the nail in the hole side by side. Hammer the nail in.
This will be almost impossible to pull out. You will pull the scrap thru the nail before the nail comes out. Economical, works better than any method I have tried.
If height of the stringer is a problem with scrap underneath then nail an angle to the stringer and then fasten directly to the concrete.

mike
(10-03-2018, 04:45 PM)EightFingers Wrote: That will take care of the two outside stringers but I have two inside as well. Need to see how these can be attached.

the same way.  why couldn't they be?