Birmingham plane parts
Does anyone here know where I could get a part for my little Birmingham Block plane as in " if anyone has it he will " kinda guy ? This was my grandpa's plane I have had it for 25 years it has been broken every since I have had it . The plane is a little under six inches long very simple design the piece I am missing is the cap iron I think it is called . When I locate someone I can send pictures to verify . Any leads would be appreciated thank you !
Might check in at  nhplaneparts......Eric has a "store" on Ebay...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Contact Don Wilwol at Time Tested Tools. He may have some Birmingham parts. I've sold him at least a couple of planes by this maker.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Thank you gentlemen I will contact both !
I have a Birmingham jack plane (not that it helps the OP), and it’s a workhorse. Mine was in roughly shape when I got it, but I cleaned it up, and now it’s in my wife’s toolbox.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop