Festool track saw question
I bought my Festool track saw with a 55" track.  It is long enough to cut 48" wide plywood.  I assume that the additional 7" is required for that cut.

I want to be able to rip 8 foot (96") cuts.  I assume I will need 96" + 7" = 103" minimum for the track length.

I can buy additional track as follows:
  • 32" @ $66.00 (but too short and Imported via Amazon vendor)
  • 42" @ $110.00 (but probably too short at 97 total inches)
  • 55" @ $145.00 (long enough and conveniently the same size as my own track.  Available with 32mm drilling holes at the same price, though I don't have a Festool router yet.)
  • 75" @ $225.00 
  • 106" @ $355.00
Any suggestions?  I'm leaning towards the 55" with the 32mm drilling holes.  I will be driving by Tool Nut on the way home tomorrow and I plan on picking up one of these tracks at that time.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/accessor...-rail.html
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I wouldn't get the 55". I did (2-55") and regretted it. If you only intend to buy one more section, go with the 76". That way you get a broader range of lengths you can use and the 76" by itself is extremely handy. Over time I wound up with the 76", and eventually bought the 106" (or whatever it is) when I found a really good deal on one (years ago). One thing about joining 2 tracks together, you don't butt them up; but leave about a 1/16" gap between the 2. To me it always was a chore to get them perfectly straight.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I'd get the 55" with the 32mm hole system.  That will be the most versatile.   It will cut the 8' sheets with ease and allow you to carry both in the carry bag if you are going mobile.  Even if you're not, 2 x 55" are easier to store than a 76" + 55".

The holes are just a bonus should you ever decide to go with the 32 system and an OF1010 router.  I think the Bosch system is just about as good and costs less than half the price. Even after you add/buy their holy rail.

Now, if you're cutting 8' sheets on a regular basis ; the 106" rail is the only way to fly.  Except if you need portability and it won't fit in your vehicle.
I’d get the 75 for 3 reasons in descending order of likelihood:
1. Can cut Baltic birch without joining another rail
2. combined with the 55 you have you can cut 8 foot goods on the diagonal if you have to for some reason.
3. Combined with your 55 you could cut 10 foot sheet goods

This advice is likely too late.
Did you decide which one to get?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've used this system for about 10 years. Here's what I highly recommend:

Yes: a 55 is perfect for cutting 48". I do this a lot. 

No: avoid cheaping out and buying a second 55 so you can connect them to cut a 96" cut. This is a frustrating process.

Yes: spend the big money and get the 105". It's comically expensive but you'll smile every time you use it. Just pull the trigger and don't think about the cost: you've already drunk the Kool aid if you've got the saw. 

Future Yes: next year get the 32" (or so) track. This isn't essential in the beginning but is super handy. 

Future Yes: consider the multifunction table. I love mine and am considering getting a second. I don't even remember life before the Kool Aid

[mic dropped]
Agree with everything Murray says. The MFT is probably the most used tool in my shop. I have the Festool vacuum clamp hanging off the side and there’s almost nothing I need my regular bench for except for bonafide hand planing which (obviously) is next to impossible on the MFT.

It is by far my biggest tool surprise. I bought it on a lark when one came up on Craigslist. Prior to that I thought anybody that had one was an person for spending that kind of coin.
-Marc

(10-07-2018, 09:00 AM)Murray M Wrote: I've used this system for about 10 years. Here's what I highly recommend:

Yes: a 55 is perfect for cutting 48". I do this a lot. 

No: avoid cheaping out and buying a second 55 so you can connect them to cut a 96" cut. This is a frustrating process.

Yes: spend the big money and get the 105". It's comically expensive but you'll smile every time you use it. Just pull the trigger and don't think about the cost: you've already drunk the Kool aid if you've got the saw. 

Future Yes: next year get the 32" (or so) track. This isn't essential in the beginning but is super handy. 

Future Yes: consider the multifunction table. I love mine and am considering getting a second. I don't even remember life before the Kool Aid

[mic dropped]
I did exactly that and bought the long one. Once I got over the outrageous price, it was the right move. At the store, I tried out the extension clips made to join two pieces, they were finicky and not really solid. In my small shop the long track is indispensable for ripping sheets of plywood safely. I also use it frequently to joint long lumber, giving me one truly straight edge for ripping on the saw, or cleaning up with a handplane for edge gluing. I would not go back on this - mmm Kool-Aid...
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/
One option if you got/get a shorter track is the Betterly Straightline connector (which Toolnut also sales).   This ensures the two tracks are connected near perfectly and is easy to use.   They are more useful for people that need their system to be portable but also useful if you want to get a holey rail and don't want to get a long rail and a holey rail.
I hadn't heard of the Betterly connector until now. Clever (and expensive) idea...but probably useful to a lot of folks.