Update - Veritas Shooting Board
I received my replacement shooting board today and what a BIG difference!  I haven't had a chance to try it in the shop yet but the fence is very precise and absolutely no play.  Overall finish is much better, too.

A day or so after my previous post Lee Valley called to discuss the problems I was experiencing.  They were able to replicate on their end with another shooting board and implemented the changes needed to improve the operation.  I believe the changes involved loc-tite on the shouldered pivot bolt and adjusting the detent for a more precise locating of the fence position.  Small changes that had a very positive outcome.

Once again, Lee Valley shows why they are among the very best in customer service.  My thanks to Jason at Lee Valley and the Veritas team for their valuable help.

Lonnie
Thanks for the update,  comes as no surprise you got that response since it is Lee Valley,  but good of you to close the loop.
So how about a little review of the shooting board now? I've thought about purchasing one myself.
A question, is the factory installed cleat easily removable? It one wanted to cleat the board parallel with the shoot?
(11-04-2018, 06:55 PM)AgGEM Wrote: A question, is the factory installed cleat easily removable? It one wanted to cleat the board parallel with the shoot?

Mine is held on with 3 screws.
(11-06-2018, 06:02 AM)les winter Wrote: Mine is held on with 3 screws.

Thank you!